This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#26629 by gtZip
Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:35 am
philbymon wrote:I never really got them at all.

I suppose thier guitar playing is okay, but the lyrics suck 90% of the time.

They seem to me to be another of those "image" bands that got a following from adolescent boys who stuck with them over the years.

Just my opinion, & we all know what that's worth...nada...

If they had better material, & a better singer, maybe they could have wowed me at some point.

Are you absolutely insane?? lol
Better material?
To me, Master of Puppets is the greatest rock album ever recorded. (So far)
And I dont just like the heavy metal, I like all forms of rock.
Being exposed to it as a teenager absolutely crushed my brain. I carried the 'cassette' around with me at all times, blasting it on my walkman.
Even when it wasn't blasting, it never left my side. (Ruined the insert in short order due to that!)
Peace. :)

#26647 by Guitaranatomy
Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:55 pm
YAY! Another person said the Master of Puppets Album rocks. Ha! Finally. Lol.

Metallica forever!

Peace out, GuitarAnatomy.

#26713 by philbymon
Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:39 pm
Yeah, Zip, I may be insane...or perhaps I just don't like "rock" as they defined it.

It's just taste...& I never acquired one for them.

And just to add insult to injury, I must say that I thought thier bassists were always the weakest I ever heard. I could teach that stuff to any student I had for 4 months, max, if they can keep the slightest beat & only practice twice a month.

You want a great heavy metal bassist look to Quiet Riot...he's with BOC now, touring, & he's mighty fine.

Or Entwistle, or thousands of others much better.

LOL...I"ve heard better at the local open mics.

#26716 by gtZip
Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:55 am
philbymon wrote:Yeah, Zip, I may be insane...or perhaps I just don't like "rock" as they defined it.

It's just taste...& I never acquired one for them.

And just to add insult to injury, I must say that I thought thier bassists were always the weakest I ever heard. I could teach that stuff to any student I had for 4 months, max, if they can keep the slightest beat & only practice twice a month.

You want a great heavy metal bassist look to Quiet Riot...he's with BOC now, touring, & he's mighty fine.

Or Entwistle, or thousands of others much better.

LOL...I"ve heard better at the local open mics.

Burton was fair. I think his main strength was his composing/arranging skill though.
Well, Quiet Riot had a few bassists. Which one?
I always liked QR. We got to open up for them on a couple of occasions in the 90's.

#28091 by Danno17
Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:08 pm
:?:
Last edited by Danno17 on Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#28093 by Danno17
Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:12 pm
FastFret wrote:LOl not to mention theres alot of instances where Hetfield treated fans that met him in public like crap and wouldn't give people the time of day....

What a let-down that must have been for the fan that just wanted to meet his idol....

I heard a bunch of assnine crap like that over the years.

Don't snub your fans!

Met James and all the rest of the guy's a couple times and they were some of the most Receptive and generous people with their time out of all the famous people I have met so your comment is news to me

#28139 by scarletrust
Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:13 am
I wonder how Hetfield treats all those hickeys you guys put on his butt?

#68014 by Sarina
Wed May 20, 2009 4:23 pm
Runcers wrote:Metallica - boring tunless dirge. Can't sing and there tunes have no real melody 2 out of 10 for being able to play their instruments.

Honestly the only reason you say that is because you only heard the bad stuff...listen to Enter Sandman and say that they suck. If you still think that, okay. If not, dude, you need to hear some good music.

#68015 by Sarina
Wed May 20, 2009 4:31 pm
Guitaranatomy wrote:YAY! Another person said the Master of Puppets Album rocks. Ha! Finally. Lol.

Metallica forever!

Peace out, GuitarAnatomy.

METTALLICA IS MY FAVORITE BAND AND MASTER OF PUPPETS ALBUM KICKED SOOOO MUCH ASS!!! WOOO!!! Go Mettalica Fans!!!
WOOOO HOOOO!!!!

#68336 by ted_lord
Sat May 23, 2009 9:00 pm
enh metallica to me highlights all the things that I don't like in 80's heavy metal, the music is all written to a similar formula and as a guy who grew up on some 70's prog rock and jam bands, the guaranteed guitar solo in every song grew old on me really fast, there are times where I don't mind some songs, but if thats all someone is playing I get bored real quick

#68436 by Starfish Scott
Mon May 25, 2009 3:31 pm
THAT would be the funniest thing I ever saw.

A female fronted Metallica cover band..

PS: Enter Sandman? GOOD GOD<YOU'VE GONE COMMERCIAL...

#68460 by ted_lord
Tue May 26, 2009 1:26 am
spose that'd be like a rush cover band with a tenor vocalist huh? lol

#68464 by ratsass
Tue May 26, 2009 2:27 am
Wonder how Twisted Sister feels about them using "We're Not Gonna Take It" for a feminine hygiene commercial. :oops: :( 8) :evil:

#68489 by ted_lord
Tue May 26, 2009 6:10 pm
ratsass wrote:Wonder how Twisted Sister feels about them using "We're Not Gonna Take It" for a feminine hygiene commercial. :oops: :( 8) :evil:

wonder how that would work out for a batterred womans shelter

#68495 by gbheil
Tue May 26, 2009 6:17 pm
I tried that battered woman thing once. I still prefer mine raw.