This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#65354 by ratsass
Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:40 pm
And, of course Geddy Lee was hiding behind Alex Lifeson. Who could forget Roger Glover standing in the shadows of Ritchie Blackmore? 8)

#65411 by ted_lord
Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:13 pm
I didn't mean to say that any one was hiding in the conventional sense I should have said they are obscured by the guitarist, stupid english language and a hasty post that wasn't thought out all the way through

#65414 by ratsass
Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:35 pm
I knew what you meant, Ted. Just giving you some friendly hazing. Actually, what you say rings fairly true with the general non-musician public. It's almost always the lead guitarist and lead vocalist in the public eye. Only other musicians recognize the true musical ability of great bassists.

#65921 by ted_lord
Sat May 02, 2009 1:22 pm
shoulda known better, but ya fossils defend your classic rock stuff like a rabid cat that's been cornered so I figured playin meek wouldn't hurt, I might be getting together with a guy off here in a few weeks I don't really know, gonna jam with at least one of my buddies later today

#76399 by bundydude
Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:36 am
John Paul Jones was truly amazing and the most underated member of Zeppelin. Not sure if this is true or not, but, someone told me that prior to Zeppelin, he was a big band leader/conductor, and did a great deal of the music arranging for them.

#78422 by Lightningeckel
Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:09 pm
OldMusiciansNeverDie wrote:I don't think John Paul Jones was ever given the appropriate REP for his role in Zep. And...I always wonder why Paige & Plant did not include him in their first "reunion" tour? Man that had hurt! My favorite JPJ work is in the live version of Dazed and Confused. He tears it up!!!!

I dont know what was going on in the band, or if he was interested in still playing with Page and Plant. Its a shame tho we the fans miss the complete package, its just not the same with any Band except AC/DC and I thought Bon Scott was gay, and Brian Johnson took it to a higher level...just my thoughts , I know alot of people will not like it maybe gay is a bit harsh , I saw the video and he just creeped me out,
#90770 by carmel
Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:21 pm
Shades of Metal wrote:John was such a huge part of Zeppelins groove. Sometimes I just listen to, and try to isolate his track on any particular song, and am amazed by some of his licks.
:) :) your right with out him they would have never kept time live

#99465 by jp700
Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:53 pm
YES!!!! He was a great player, not particularly creative on his instrument but I think he was very influential at the time. What more "credit" should he get?

#100095 by jimmydanger
Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:27 pm
I saw him on SNL Saturday night with Them Crooked Vultures, looked like he was having fun but I was not crazy about the music.

#100764 by iamnotjerry
Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:40 am
Followed Zep during their ruling days . JPJ was always over shadowed by Page, Plant and more so... BONZO. As it usually goes, JPJ was a musician's musician. It was not until the last decade JPJ gained more mainstream respect . IMO it was the prog minded folks that pushed his work to the front.
Regardless of how it happened, I for one welcome his new popularity.

jorge

http://www.iamnotjerry.com
#114676 by craig marsh
Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:16 pm
John paul is in a new GLAM band with the guy from QUEENS of the STONE AGE. It's Them crrooked vultures. Shows how solid and fearsome John Paul's bass is with Grohl's drums. Great rythm section!!!