This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#136770 by philbymon
Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:41 pm
This song just gets me in my boo-boos, & I LOVE this performance of it. Throughout the whole song, he's wrestling with that damned phone cord, to the point that it drags him across the stage. I so love his work...but I dunno why this song gets to me so much...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRLjpXLEp1A

#136773 by jimmydanger
Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:35 pm
Phil you big softie!

Gabriel is the best, he can make you laugh, cry and stomp your feet.

#136778 by philbymon
Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:55 pm
There are few true Masters of his caliber. Ian Anderson comes to mind, but in a completely different way. Both men draw such emotions from me that I am humbled by their power in song & music.

I love how he draws from such a huge vocabulary of world music, to make even the most simple melodies seem epic.

#136782 by jimmydanger
Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:41 pm
In addition to Gabriel and Anderson I also have reverence for Bowie and Bryan Ferry. These guys are way more than just singers and frontmen; they have their fingers on the pulse of what is new and cool (or at least they used to).

#136796 by philbymon
Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:29 pm
Right as rain, you are.

Gabriel & Anderson are more like "cult heroes," while Bowie & Ferry were "pop stars," for want of a better word, but yes, they DID have a flair to be at the forefront of anything new, & often were instigators of the new, as well.