This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#200410 by Deadguitars
Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:05 pm
Broad Street Bass wrote:I looked at 8 pages of everyone's favorite bass player /drummer combo's and not 1 person even acknowledged the most amazing sounds of Phil Lesh along with Bill Kreutzman and Micky Hart who made up the original jam band The Grateful Dead.

Bill would hold down the rhythmic drumming while Mickey added overtures of varrying percussions that blended perfectly without ever stepping on each other..quite an amazing thing to witness.

Phil's classical background takes the bass back to where it truely belongs.. Originally an orchestrial rhythm instrument, he played more off Jerry Garcia and challenged his leads with a rhythm/lead sandwiched between him and 2 drummers.

Music bent in mid song with every conceivable genre being used...What appeared to be or started out as a country beat flowed effortlessly and smoothly into jazz, or a hard rock tune became raegae/blues or a combination of the above in what seemed like a magic moment..
To be more precise... The only band ever to play true fusion music as the music fused while you watched and listened.

Phil Lesh.. Saw him last May and let me tell you something... He had more energy and life at age 69 (now 70) than 95 % of anyone i've ever seen.

8)

#216795 by zar535135
Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:20 pm
some of my fav. Bass players....
Paul McCartney,John Entwistle,Bill Wyman,Geddy Lee,Stu Hamm.....Just to name a few