This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#153424 by Koreylyons
Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:23 pm
These are NOT the greatest guitarist, just the ones I really like.

James Hetfield
Phil Demmel
Robb Flynn
Dimebag
Marc Rizzo (If you don't know him check him out!)
K.K Downing

#153441 by The Rotting Core
Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:50 pm
i would have to agree that mark rizzo is a beast of a guitarist. collosal myopia completely reivented intrumental guitar music.

#156617 by BigPhil
Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:16 am
Guitarist? Billy Gibbons and Eric Clapton
#159092 by memilitant
Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:29 pm
Rollin Stone just came out with the top 100 guitarists of all time with Hendrix as #1. I know a guy in Columbus Ohio that can mimic all of the 100 on the list, but he cannot mimic the greatest of all time who didn't even make the Rollin Stone list ... Ted Nugent. 8)
#159338 by northoftheriverblues
Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:40 am
I think in 2011 that I can't stand Yngwie wearing spandex. It kills all the credibility his impossible speed gives him. Where are his buddies? Why doesn't somebody tell him? hehehehe

#159363 by PaperDog
Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:05 pm
The Greatest Guiatrist? I believe the guys name was
Andre MontoyaHendrix SantanaAlvinlee STeveVai Ray Vaughn ClaptronKing... But I could be wrong...

#159366 by Lynard Dylan
Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:10 pm
If he ain't he oughta be. :lol:

#159392 by jw123
Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:40 pm
Well this week for me its Eddie Van Halen, but it changes depending on what Im listening too!

#159402 by sanshouheil
Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:24 pm
It's me of course ... duh ... :lol:

#159462 by PierceG
Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:23 pm
PaperDog wrote:The Greatest Guiatrist? I believe the guys name was
Andre MontoyaHendrix SantanaAlvinlee STeveVai Ray Vaughn ClaptronKing... But I could be wrong...


You're right, but you forgot his middle name, MustaineSatriani.

#159485 by PaperDog
Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:06 am
PierceG wrote:
PaperDog wrote:The Greatest Guiatrist? I believe the guys name was
Andre MontoyaHendrix SantanaAlvinlee STeveVai Ray Vaughn ClaptronKing... But I could be wrong...


You're right, but you forgot his middle name, MustaineSatriani.


Right! ;)

#161986 by Original Guitarist
Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:05 am
Robert Fripp

or Allan Holdsworth.

#162206 by jimmydanger
Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:53 pm
Original Guitarist wrote:Robert Fripp

or Allan Holdsworth.


I like your choices and would also add John McLaughlin and Al di Meola, but for me Jeff Beck is the greatest I've ever seen. Hendrix was great and changed how people play, but he had plenty of bad nights too. Beck doesn't have many bad nights, he's in total control.

#162242 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:36 am
jimmydanger wrote:
Original Guitarist wrote:Robert Fripp

or Allan Holdsworth.


I like your choices and would also add John McLaughlin and Al di Meola, but for me Jeff Beck is the greatest I've ever seen. Hendrix was great and changed how people play, but he had plenty of bad nights too. Beck doesn't have many bad nights, he's in total control.



yawn. He's also boring as hell to watch, though I love his music.


What is the criteria for judging who is greatest?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest