This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#16508 by fisherman bob
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:44 am
except I would cross Keith Richards off the list. My personal favorite is Freddy King (you gotta check out his instrumentals, AWESOME). Another huge talent was Roy Buchanan, never got anywhere near the notoriety he deserved. I believe at one time he was being actively pursued by the Rolling Stones (among other great bands). Roy was another person who eventually got beat by alcohol, commited suicide in prison. One of the greatest albums of all time is Loading Zone by Roy Buchanan. It's just full of extremely inspired playing, dazzling stuff. Later...

#16935 by Bones1331
Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:07 am
Paul Gilbert!

#17071 by GuzzyGeetar
Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:32 pm
Clapton is not overrated check out crossroads guitar festival on dvd he's obviously inspired by all the other greats he's jammin with check out his playing on the santana track, guitar -lead -amp an plenty inspiration awesome . Also Robert Randolph solo on six strings down sh*t hot! also chck out live studio dvd of Robert johnson sessions perfect guitar lines and vocals. Clapton = best suited to blues covers nowadays but he plays them like he owns them (with feeling ) BUT WHO KNOWS WHO'S BEST. WHO DO YOU LIKE BEST IS EASY QUESTION,WHO IS BEST IS A DEBATE

p.s read that clapton is overrated had to put my opinion

#17112 by FastFret
Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:03 pm
I don't vote as greatest, just my personal favorites. There are way too many good guitarists to vote.

But my favorites, no particular order.

Joe Satriani
Stevie Ray
Zakk Wylde
Kirk Hammett (although many say he's overrated he still plays awesome in my opinion)
Jimmy Hendrix

I disagree about metal players not being real guitarists... Metal was born from all your "real guitarists" styles.

#17115 by Guitaranatomy
Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:21 pm
Metal players are real guitarist, it just is annoying when they stick to the same notes and palm mutes over and over. Apparently a lot of metal guitarist can play, plenty, if not all, are shredders. Which means sweeping, rapid picking technique, pinch harmonics, mute, chugs, tapping, sliding, tremolo, etc...

I like your list of guitarist who are good that you idolize. Hammett is not overrated, he rocks. I watched him play the solo to Battery the other day, damn is he fast at times, Wah or no Wah.

Satriani is not my favorite, even though he was one of Hammett's teachers. Zakk is cool, I love "I don't wanna stop." Hendrix is the God of guitar, and Stevie Ray Vaughan is cool (I am going to begin playing his stuff I think).

It is very hard to say who is the best guitarist, you are right. Too many good ones.

Peace out, GuitarAnatomy.

#17956 by HowlinJ
Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:10 pm
HARDWOOD MOONALICE ........ aka....... G.E Smith
Last edited by HowlinJ on Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

#18003 by RhythmMan
Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:19 pm
I think some of the best guitarists are those who sound great with or without an amp.

#18113 by paesano
Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:57 am
satch
#18128 by crky42
Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:06 am

Jan Akkerman.
Steve Hackett.

#18132 by Irminsul
Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:13 am
My brother.

#18182 by axle
Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:36 am
stevie ray vauhn

#18549 by rockstar3225
Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:39 am
KIRK HAMMETT DUH!!!

i doubt if any of the previously mentioned guitarists can play as fast as kirk! he' s amazing!

#18558 by Guitaranatomy
Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:17 am
Lol. Kms00, Kirk is my favorite lead guitarist. Although I must say there are faster and smoother guitarists out there. Most notably speed wise is John Petrucci, Yngwie Malmsteen, and Michael Angelo Batio. Smoothness you can get out of any of those guys or maybe guitarists like Marty Friedman. I think Hammett is better than all of them sound wise, but he is certainly not as technical. Intermediates can play Hammett's stuff fairly easily, as where playing Petrucci's stuff is near impossible for anyone who is not advanced and super fast, same goes for Batio, and Malmsteen.

I do feel Hammett is the best using a wah pedal, he can create the best wah solos I have ever heard.

#18726 by HowlinJ
Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:37 am
"Alvin Lee" was pretty friggin fast!

I still like "G.E." the best! (And his new "Special Edition Fender Telecaster" is the axe "Guitaranatomy"should be saveing up for!)

#18734 by Guitaranatomy
Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:24 am
HowlinJ wrote:"Alvin Lee" was pretty friggin fast!

I still like "G.E." the best! (And his new "Special Edition Fender Telecaster" is the axe "Guitaranatomy"should be saveing up for!)

I like Telecasters... I will be getting one, it will be in my guitar collection someday. Most notably the "Thinline" Telecaster. There is a semi-hollow body version that I saw Jonny Buckland of Coldplay play, I have wanted it ever since.