This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#5278 by Casey of Black Santa
Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:45 pm
Captain Beyond! man, what a f---ing band! if you guys dig Zep and the Nuge and all those guys, you'll LOVE Captain Beyond!

check them out here.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=39518349

they only had three albums, a few line-up changes. the first album is the only one worth getting, though the others are also great.

if you guys are on myspace then you can look for me if you want.

http://www.myspace.com/bassey87

#5330 by Guitarzan6000
Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:08 pm
Hey Casey, I checked out that Captain Beyond site, very cool!!! Thanks. I'll also try to check out your myspace site also....

For anyone else....I started my "MySpace" site last night if you wanna check it out...

[http://blog.myspace.com/guitarzan6000]

I plan to carry on these kind of "best guitarist" rants and things like that. Hope you come along for the hay-ride!!!!

#5333 by gexclamationpoint
Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:16 pm
tom delonge.

#5346 by Casey of Black Santa
Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:48 am
ha ha ha! judging by your list of bands you like i don't know if you're joking or not. Blink was kinda cool for me in 7th grade, but then i heard the Clash and was like, uh...?

#5354 by gexclamationpoint
Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:02 am
hahah, dont worry, im entirely joking.

and yes, i obviously like the bands in the list i made, but its not a reflection of who i perceive to have more or less talent.

#5368 by Casey of Black Santa
Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:25 pm
good, i was worried.

Ron Ashton of the Stooges is really good.

#5398 by Vocals & Bass
Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:06 pm
Stevie Ray Vaughn

#5402 by Casey of Black Santa
Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:28 pm
SRV is reslly good but he coppied alot of his stuff from Hendrix. then again, who didn't at that point in time?

John McLaughlin of the Mahivishnu Orchestra is great, i think. Brids of Fire is a great album.

has anyone here checked out the Minutemen yet?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=28726485&MyToken=9067ce0f-a5e4-4310-ab19-71535cdc681b

#5444 by Blind Witchery
Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:50 am
ANY Shredder

#5514 by Casey of Black Santa
Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:01 pm
on the subject of Metal, i like it, but i don't like shredding. it just seems like showing off to me.

the heaviest metal band of all time is Harvey Milk, musically and emotionally. Black Sabbath, Slayer, the Melvins, and Harvey Milk are the only metal bands that truly matter today.

if you're a metal fan order Courtesy and Good Will Toward Men by Harvey Milk. you'll feel things you've never felt before while listening to this band, and alot of it has to do with the instrumentation.

they are all, like, 40-something-years-old so it's not like a bunch a fationable teenagers or anything, don't worry.

#5945 by Melodic Insomnia
Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:20 pm
Jimmy Page was the most versatile guitar player of all. He may not have been the best in any one catagory, but he had amazing hooks, and studio savy. He covered about the whole spectrum of sound, and style. I mean when you consider a song like The Battle Of Evermore on the same album as the song "When The Levee Breaks". Or The Immigrant Song, and Tangerine, on the 3rd album. or The Rainsong, contrasting with Dancin' Days on Houses of the Holy, and it goes on, and on. The guy was genius. Zeppelins biggest knock was not being able to produce their studio sound live, but when the band was in a groove on stage, they were AWESOME.

#6024 by Casey of Black Santa
Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:07 pm
Zep is good but i realy have to be in the mood for them.

mainly because i can't stand Robert Plant.

#6664 by darockguitar1
Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:18 pm
EVERYONE THINKS JIMI HENDRIX IS THE GREATEST GUITAR PLAYER AND HE'S FOUND NUMBER ONE IN SEVERAL TOP 100 GUITAR PLAYERS......OFCOURSE THEY HAVENT SEEN ME YET LOL....
#7340 by Scoop52Tele
Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:22 pm
Wow - I think liquid comes close in his categories - well thought out, too. I am a product of the late 60's and early 70's and have played since then as well. I still hold EC in the #1 spot. He's versatile, from his strats, to acoustic, 12-string, slide, and EVERY genre available. I have even seen him play EASTERN (Indian) music with the Mahavishnu orchestra! He does blues ( of course) rock, country ( lay down sally..) finger acoustic on the Martins, and slide on both. Few guitar players can do ALL of that well, and he does. If you were to put ALL categories, (classical, flamenco, rock, ) the list would go on forever. My other personal favorites are Dickey Betts, Billy Gibbons, SRV, Danny Gatton and Joe Perry. I was never really into the metal-heads. When you play behind that processed of a signal (effects) , you can 'hide' behind a lot of mistakes cover a lot of shortcomings on talent. I've seen Dickey Betts' rig, and he has ONE cord ( not even cordless) going to a Marshall Plexi. NO effects. When you play live, TRUE talent comes from the hands and the heart. I will give some credit to the players mentioned, but I have been harder to impress over the years, since 'synthetic' sounds have developed, especially in the studios.

#7470 by TFROCKED
Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:15 pm
there is alot of very good guitarist out here....the question you have to ask yourself , who got the most awards for guitarman of the year...
that would be one of the best lead players ever...tom from boston
good luck boston ...we all miss brad