This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#68044 by jimmydanger
Wed May 20, 2009 8:21 pm
Jeff Beck is undoubtebly the best guitarist I have ever seen. And I've seen them all - Satriani, McLaughlin, di Meola, Pettrucci, Fripp, etc. That's why they call him God's Guitarist.

#69613 by HowlinJ
Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:25 pm
By this time we should all know that there aint no such thing as "The Greatest Guitarist Of All Time"

however....
here's a couple of MY favorites both on the same stage!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNqnlRxg9tU

That makes it official, G.E has literally jammed with just about EVEREYBODY! (including yours truly :) )

as for the legendary King of Reverb, Dick Dale, the word is that he is thankfully recovering from that problem with his hinner.( You can't keep a good 'ol surf rocker down!)

Enjoy!,
Howlin'

#69990 by Grant Daniels
Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:54 am
chet atkins? follow him!

#69991 by Grant Daniels
Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:55 am
or follow les paul

#83611 by slash jr.
Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:56 pm
i go with slash or rusty cooley

#87521 by ryckykay86
Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:47 pm
jimmydanger wrote:Jeff Beck is undoubtebly the best guitarist I have ever seen. And I've seen them all - Satriani, McLaughlin, di Meola, Pettrucci, Fripp, etc. That's why they call him God's Guitarist.

iiiiii dont know about that. stevie ray raped beck mercilessly when they went on tour together. i have the recording of them playing goin down and beck just seems like hes trying to keep up. but this is purely opinion, naturally. in MY opinion, jimi was the greatest innovator and stevie took those techniques and perfected them. i can see no greater guitarist than stevie ray vaughan. if beck is god's guitarist then he plays specifically to stevie. seeing that stevie is in fact himself god. no one plays with the speed, accuracy, and emotion that stevie does. without emotion its nothing. so ppl like dimebag, who is an awesome guitarist unto himself, really doesnt compare to me. technical skill will never beat out feeling.

#87538 by jimmydanger
Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:21 pm
Meh. IMHO SRV couldn't carry Beck's guitar case. He was a good player but hardly original; he copped a few Hendrix licks and had a few Texas blues licks that he forged into a career. And Beck trying to keep up with SRV? That's funny. Beck is a very humble player who likes to let the people he plays with shine.

#87549 by philbymon
Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:16 pm
Eh...I like players who have style - ppl like David Gilmour or Jeff Beck or Trey Anastasio or Gary Moore or Carlos Santana - who, while they CAN shred, usually find more melodic ways of getting their message through to me. SRV was okay, imho, but I could almost always hear his next note in my mind's ear before he played it. That rarely happened with someone like Skunk Baxter, who was a constant surprize, & I loved that about him.

Still, all in all, I cannot for the life of me decide who is "the best," but that was a short list of some of my faves.

#87649 by HowlinJ
Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:09 pm
Once again, there aint no such thing as best.
but
when you re talkin' blues guitarists, a short list would include

(besides the ever popular Clapton, Page Allman, Beck, Trower and SRV)

All the 'ol black masters

followed by

Peter Green
Alvin Lee
Gary Moore
and more recently,
Johnnie Lang
and Joe Bonamassa

These new guys give me a good feeling because it showes that the fear of good blues playing dying out is a myth! :)

Howlin'

#87826 by Dessalines
Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:48 pm
The greatest of all time? Hmmmmm... This cannot be done. There are so many styles and genres. To pick only one is to show one's limitations. Some Guys I like:

Jim Campilongo
Bill Frissell
Robben Ford
Sonny Landreth
Roger Mcguinn
Jerry Miller
Freddie King
Adrian Legg
Johnny A

"Yes these people that you mention,
I know them they're quite lame,
I had to re-arrange their faces
And give them all another name"

#87917 by CameronWillis5150
Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:46 pm
Eddie Van Halen!!!!!!!!!!!

#87933 by Starfish Scott
Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:21 pm
There should be an age verify on this thread.

#87972 by CameronWillis5150
Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:57 pm
Capt. Scott wrote:There should be an age verify on this thread.

Why do you say that? I'm 19......

#87973 by CameronWillis5150
Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:00 pm
My top ten:

1.)Eddie Van Halen
2.)Slash
3.)Joe Perry
4.)Randy Rhoads
5.)Eric Clapton
6.)Jimmy Page
7.)Jimi Hendrix
8.)Brian May