This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#126957 by philbymon
Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:41 am
What's the next line? What's the title? Who dunnit?

"'Twas an early mornin' yesterday.
I was up before the dawn.
And I really have enjoyed my stay
But I must be moving on."

#126966 by RGMixProject
Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:42 pm
Supertramp

Song:Goodbye Stranger

It was an early morning yesterdayI was up before the dawnAnd I really have enjoyed my stayBut I must be moving onLike a king without a castleLike a queen without a throneI'm an early morning loverAnd I must be moving onNow I believe in what you sayIs the undisputed truthBut I have to have things my own wayTo keep me in my youthLike a ship without an anchorLike a slave without a chainJust the thought of those sweet ladiesSends a shiver through my veinsAnd I will go on shiningShining like brand newI'll never look behind meMy troubles will be fewGoodbye strange it's been niceHope you find your paradiseTried to see your point of viewHope your dreams will all come trueGoodbye Mary, Goodbye JaneWill we ever meet againFeel no sorrow, feel no shameCome tomorrow, feel no painNow some they do and some they don'tAnd some you just can't tellAnd some they will and some they won'tWith some it's just as wellYou can laugh at my behaviorThat'll never bother meSay the devil is my saviorBut I don't pay no heedAnd I will go on shiningShining like brand newI'll never look behind meMy troubles will be fewGoodbye stranger it's been nice etc...

#126969 by gbheil
Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:25 pm
I'd have never figured it out without the music.

Supertramp had a very original and signature sound IMO.

#127000 by jimmydanger
Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:25 pm
Here's one Phil, RG and George:

"Find it hard to see you in the dark
I looked around you were beside me
Don't you realize it's hard to dream
Without your helping hand to guide me"

#127004 by gbheil
Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:27 pm
Frampton Comes Alive DREAM ON

This could be the one girl ...

#127013 by jimmydanger
Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:52 pm
Very good George, although the song was called "Shine On", originally on the Humble Pie "Rock On" album. That was mine and my first GF's song.

#127016 by gbheil
Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:55 pm
OOPS yeah my bad. Shine On

Dream On was AEROSMITH :oops:

I have worn out a multitude of Frampton Comes Alive albums and tapes.

#127018 by jimmydanger
Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:26 pm
I think that was the all-time best selling live album yet I never bought it. Maybe I'll find a nice clean vinyl copy someday.

#127025 by gbheil
Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:29 pm
If I'm not mistaken. I have one in storage. One of these days I'll have to get out my old turntable and buy a real stereo system.
All of my music budget is tied up in the band. Not complaining. Just a fact.

#127078 by jimmydanger
Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:47 pm
I have four major stereo systems at my house; one in my family room, the home theater in my living room and two systems in my basement. One of those is just for playing vinyl. The turntable is fully automatic and has a nice stylus. Playing records on that thing takes me back.

#127108 by gbheil
Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:56 pm
Sounds sweet Jimmy. Many of my friends and acquaintances had awesome systems back in the day. High quality turntables and reel to reel set ups often brought back from Germany after a military stint.

Was not unusual for the turntable to be suspended from the ceiling joist in the old pier and beam homes so you could walk about or dance without a skip. 8)

We'd sit for hours passing the various flavors available, eat and drink, just listen to the music. Any sporting event was always muted and the stereo was the main focus of the festivities.

#127131 by dizzizz
Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:35 am
I've got two 600 watt JBL tower speakers hooked up to my turntable... along with 300+ records in my library. Nothing's better than pulling out Back In Black and cranking it, especially with my tiny bedroom. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: