This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#117602 by philbymon
Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:35 am
Oh dear...so much anger!

Would it help if I said you're pretty okay for a 14 yr old, playing-wise?

Just curious...what kinds of gigs do you get? Do you use your own equipment?

Sorry if I seemed a bit harsh, but you presented yourself as an adult, so I treated you as if you were one. You really cannot have that much experience, misty, & you can't possibly understand the many things you'll need to know before you go about trying to get signed.

Your opinions of me aside, I have played on tv & radio, & opened as a solo for national acts. I've been in the minor leagues, at the very least, which is something you'll hafta go through before you hit the big time. I've also toured a bit.

If you think I'm bad, how will you react when you meet up with someone who really doesn't care about you or your music, who just bashes everything you try to do? It happens every day in this biz. I've met some pretty harsh ppl - musicians, venue owners, not to mention the drunken hecklers. You'll be running into them on a regular basis, if you decide to be a musician/songwriter/singer/screamer, & trust me, they'll make me sound like your best friend.

Not everyone will think you're all that. You'll need some thicker skin, as I said before.

Remember, when you present yourself as an accomplished, experienced, mature musician, ppl will treat you as such, & will be less likely to be as patient with you as you seem to want them to be. Had you told me you were 14, I would have looked at you differently, & listened with a much less jaundiced ear, as it were.

You ARE rather accomplished, for being your age. However, you are far from being ready to be a national act. Ask for pointers, & accept the fact that you are going to disagree often. That doesn't require you to lash out or insult or get all defensive. Music is a harsh mistress, my man, & it's probably the toughest thing you'll ever try to be successful at. Don't ever expect things to go in a fair manner, cuz there isn't much fair about the music biz. You'll see ppl with far less talent, far fewer abilities, shoot right past you out of nothing but dumb luck, & you'll do better than a lot of really amazing musicians & singers. Keep your head. Stay humble, or you'll have a karma attack.

Settle down. Take your time. There ain't no way you're gonna shoot straight to the top without going through some tough times & hard work. You may be good for your age, but you're no Mozart. That isn't an insult, btw. The only short-cut to the top I know of is American Idol, & I doubt that you'd want to go that route. It has more pressure than you can handle right now, from what you've shown me so far...

#117708 by wherethemistresides
Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:49 am
Actually your words wasn't what bothered me. Not at all. It was the way you presented yourself to me. I just got into high school. I am trying to find my future calling dude. I feel this may be it.

#118221 by wherethemistresides
Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:13 am
Ummm well, this is a forum. Not a place for respect usually o_o.... Sorry to disappoint you.

#122793 by mutethedissonance
Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:48 am
Yeah. If you are 14 there is no way in hell that that music is real.

And you have obviously never recorded, because you were seriously making things up when discussing the way you made the track.

14 with maturity and vocals like that? No way.

PLUS... I live in your area, and am quite heavy into the local music scene. In fact, I helped put together many local venues and concert... And I have connections around here, that you are obviously in dire need of... Now.. If you have been together so very long.. and playing local gigs.. Wouldn't I know you??

Yes.

And I don't. So. Fake.

Plus, I have a friend that went to high school with you.. and your drummer... and I happen to know that neither of you are that good, via personal experiences.

You should be respectful that these people are TRYING to give you good advice. You are so protective of the soundness of the tracks because they are stolen. That isn't your music, and that is very very not cool of you to post something that isn't yours.

PSA: Anytime you are speaking to another person it calls for respect, whether you are on a forum or a discussion in an ivy league classroom.

INB4 YUSOMADBRO or UMADBRO or YSOBUTTHURT

Stop being a /b/tard and grow up.

#122795 by mutethedissonance
Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:57 am
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd by the way....

Your now seeking section... Who do you have IN your band bro?? I don't understand that either..

And you avoid all of the questions about your recording, your equipment, and your gigs.

Who were you trying to kid in that video? You were just playing back music...

Really. Take this little fake band page apart and stop plagiarizing someone else's music. Stop wasting your time on this site, and pick up a grammar book.

#122873 by Starfish Scott
Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:00 pm
It sounded ok until the singer started screaming..

(then I shut it off)

#122980 by mutethedissonance
Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:29 am
Except that he and the other kids in the band are 14.. and claiming have been playing together for a few years... which would put them starting at 11? 12?

I have also done some digging, and the drummer for this band, which in the track "Breathless" I believe?, was playing the drums like a genius maniac, quit the drumline at his highschool because he couldn't keep up and plays a percussion instrument on the sidelines...

RIIIIIGGGGHHHT.

#123393 by fisherman bob
Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:46 am
As soon as I can't understand the words of ANY recorded piece of music I usually turn it off UNLESS the music is so cool I have to listen. Your screamo is unintelligible, the music isn't good enough to keep me listening. When you sing (not scream) it's bearable. That's about it...

#129420 by Shapeshifter
Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:23 pm
Objectively: Not impressed. Vocally, you are good at what you do. Unfortunately, what you do is pretty boring and limited.
And no...I don't love your voice. It's a poor excuse for lead vocals. You sound like someone crapping out razor blades...and no, that is NOT a compliment.

The tracks you have up are not live. Don't be an ass and try to pull that sh!t.
I even watched the vid...until I fell asleep.

Non-objectively: It's past your bedtime, Junior. Put Guitar Hero away and hit the sack.

(...and that dude on the U.S.A. forum said I was discriminating against kids...can you believe that?). :lol:

#129424 by Shapeshifter
Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:51 pm
If you take nothing else from this, at least write this down-then post on your mirror above the sink where you (hopefully) brush your teeth every morning:

"Thank you, Phil".

He is given you access to the most important lesson you cold have learned about your music career to date.

And that is the fact that nobody is going to cater to you. Nobody cares about what you're doing as much as you do. Nobody (who is real) is going to hold your hand and tell you how awesome you are. At your current experience level, you have the potential to make the right desicions and go far in the business...seriously. The first thing you have to do, however, is swallow that enormous ego, stfu and LISTEN to people who know better than you.

That would be us.

"Thank you, Joe".