This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#3766 by Joshondrums
Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:18 pm
I got into clutch aound 1993. I first saw them on an episode of "Beavis & Butthead", they were watching the video for "Shogun Named Marcus".

I have collected their albums over the years and studied their music in depth, but never saw them in concert.

I saw them for the first time live in October of 05' at "Alley Katz" in Richmond. It was everything I thought it would be from a truly inspiring group. My ears rang for 3 days straight after that show. Alley Katz has a capacity of about 150 maybe...so if you do get a chance to see one of your favorites there I highly recommend it. I was 3 feet from the band for the whole show.

Their opening act was "Kelly Carmichael" a really excellent blues guitarist who played for some metal band prior to going solo. He has a website www.kellycarmichael.com , they took an over head picture of his set and put it on his website.....I'm on the right in the BLS T-shirt...front row right behind my wife http://www.kellycarmichael.com/gallery.htm , just to give you an idea of the size of this club and how "personal" it really is...

That show was definitly worth the wait.....expecially if you love Clutch as much as I do!

#3772 by Joshondrums
Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:07 pm
I just bought my tickets.......

Happy Freakin' New Year!

#3774 by Irminsul
Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:10 pm
I LOVE Clutch. It was a real stress reliever to listen to their stuff back when I had a lot of job pressures. I cannot tell you how many times, a few years ago, I locked the doors and put them on the player, and thrashed around the room to "Come On Motherf****r!".

Wooo, saved my soul.

#3786 by Joshondrums
Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:07 pm
Thats awesome, I can't wait until New Years. I'm totally stoked about going to see them again. There really is nothing like it! :lol:

#4217 by Guest
Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:08 am
Clutch are gods amongst men. Makes me damn proud to be from Maryland :D

They had a show here in Winston-Salem on September 11th. Damn, and what a show it was.

Can't wait for their next album.