This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#83942 by gbheil
Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:56 am
Yes Howlin, that is a bit too much for coincidence I think.
I grew up with three older sisters, some years older than I in fact.
I have experienced much different music from the late 50's to the present time despite having been born in 60.
This tune strikes a familliar chord with me and stirs some old memory.

Thanks for posting.

#83986 by Starfish Scott
Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:48 pm
Wow, Randy California looks like RICK SPRINGFIELD..

LMAO OMG it's Stairway to Heaven.

#84025 by fisherman bob
Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:57 am
It's reminiscent of Stairway but not really Stairway. Was there ever a lawsuit over this tune for copywrite infringement? I think it would have been thrown out if there ever was one. Just not the same song IMO.

#84044 by philbymon
Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:40 pm
I always thought that Randy thought of himself as some sort of frustrated classical composer. He did have some good ideas, but he often went flowery/pretty, too.

You could say he was ahead of his time, & was writing new age.

#84278 by HowlinJ
Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:56 am
Lance Thrustman wrote:I always thought that Randy thought of himself as some sort of frustrated classical composer. He did have some good ideas, but he often went flowery/pretty, too.

You could say he was ahead of his time, & was writing new age.

I guess you could say that being a teenager playing guitar in Jimi Hendrix's band could be considered "ahead of his time".. :wink:

I do agree that the "flowery/pretty" description rings of truth. I kinda think the same thing sorta happened to the initially ultra creative Quicksilver Messenger Service later on in their career.

HJ