This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#74148 by Black57
Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:25 am
sanshouheil wrote:You are right Mary. But I can truly understand how a mother would feel.
Her son dies a hero, to save freedom for people who would spit on him.
And all he gets is a number, as in 7 died, on the news. Burried in 3 hours of Jackson.
I am sorry, Idol worship is wrong. No matter if the Idol is an un-named soldier in the news or a perverse pop icon.
I am sick of hearing about Jackson. In my opinion, his infulence on the world was not good. Just another glorified example of the seven deadly sins holding sway over one misrable human being.
I am not saying I am any better than he. But my perversions are not being held up to the youth of this world as an example of how one should live. His are. His whole "funeral" was a denial of what killed him.
Shame that is, to allow a "teachable moment" slip by the youth of the world, that may prevent another tradgic death.
Episodes of fatal stupidity should be recognised for what they are, so as to be avoided by others.

Hey, my son-in-law was a soldier. My nephew is a Marine.It wasn't a matter of idol worship although that is what has been repeated throughout this ordeal. In my case, I did not worship MJ. Oh, I did worship him when I was 14. But in my adult years, I enjoyed him as an entertainer. The title of icon was getting on my nerves. I don't believe that he should be any more exalted now than he was before his death. But I do respect him and I appreciate the opportunity to "know" him. Nevertheless, his death left me numb. It also made me see him more as the frail human that he was and I really wanted to learn about him and be apart of his farewell. More than that, I wanted to support his family for losing a brother, a son and a father. I've never been to any of his concerts nor did I ever dream of going to a concert. But I did want to go to his funeral and made an attempt to go. I am grateful that I had the chance to witness the funeral on TV and walk down memory lane.

This doesn't negate or reduce the importance or value of our sons and dads fighting for our freedom. The country has not forgotten them.

#74183 by gbheil
Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:35 pm
Perhaps not for you Mary.
But you are a thinker.
Most of the American population are shallow as sheep.

#74187 by AirViking
Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:47 pm
sanshouheil wrote:Perhaps not for you Mary.
But you are a thinker.

Dont bring sheep down to the lowely levels of todays brainwashed pawns of america today. its just not fair to the sheep.

sheep are smart enough to not use banks after all, or credit cards.

#74195 by gbheil
Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:32 pm
LOL, my heartfelt apology to the sheeps in the fields.

I feel I will have to simply agree to disagree with many people on this subject.
It is all quite distastefull to me. And I choose to no longer acknowledge it as a worthy conversation.
I already turn off any TV or radio that even mentions the subject.
Very quiet here today. Untill I get in my Hour of Power in honor of Jimmy Danger. :wink:

#74202 by Black57
Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:55 pm
sanshouheil wrote:Perhaps not for you Mary.
But you are a thinker.

Yes, I am a thinker which is why I chose to discuss this subject here, with other thinkers. :?

#74207 by ratsass
Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:03 pm
I'm a thinker!
I used to be a thwimmer, but now when I jump in the pool, I think to the bottom.
Damn thith lithp! :)

#74209 by philbymon
Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:05 pm
ratsass wrote:I'm a thinker!
I used to be a thwimmer, but now when I jump in the pool, I think to the bottom.
Damn thith lithp! :)

I gueth that meanth that you're a thinker AND a thTinker, eh, rat-thath?

#74214 by ratsass
Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:13 pm
Thufferin' Thucotash! :)

#74243 by gbheil
Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:22 pm
AW thit duths thall crath me uth. :lol:

#74248 by gbheil
Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:42 pm
And Yes, Ms Mary. I have come to respect your opinions enough to listen.
Another beautifull young woman told me something today about a dear friend of hers whom passed this week.
I had to stop and think. (oh that smarts)
I need to just let the dead worry about the dead, as it were.
And just deal with my own shortcomings, as I interact with the living whom surround me.
This is challenge enough for any psychotic, gun totin, kung fu guitar playin Christian nurse. :wink: