This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#2900 by Chemical Residue
Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:15 am
Hello all I am an aspiring musician looking for a place in the world. I am looking forward to finding a band or group to use my skills and hopefully cut a CD that brings some fans as well as much needed money. But money isnt what I do it for.

My name is Karl and I hope to meet a lot of you.
Even if I never get a group started I still hope to learn a lot. :D

#2906 by Irminsul
Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:29 pm
Hi Karl, welcome to BandMix.

So what do you play and what are you looking for as for as far as potential bandmates go?

#2913 by Chemical Residue
Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:35 am
electronica, techno, house, IDM, GOA, Hip-hop, rap, r &b, CHill, softrock.
I play guitar, I have synths, grand digi pianos, Sampling machines, and software out the ass. I also play cello and bass. I have workstations as well.

#2928 by Irminsul
Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:48 pm
Wow, sounds very much like my set up - except I'm on celtic harp instead of cello.

I wish you were local. Sounds like fun.

#2937 by chachaangelina
Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:32 am
Hey, Chemical!
If you're interseted in relocating to Florida, I have a full time paid job for you as a video editor and musician, so long as you're reliable, etc., etc. This also includes your own apartment, rent-free. You can contact me for details at [email protected]

#2940 by chachaangelina
Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:58 pm
Okay, I have some errands to run this morning. I'll give you the details at my chachaangelina yahoo site. There's also a guy who's graduating from ITT in Youngstown, Ohio--Denny--who's supposed to join the team in January, so you would have to share the apt. with him and possibly his fiance, if that's all right. I'll send you lots of info. about The Learning Castle later today. Meanwhile, look at what I've already posted on this website by clicking my screen name, and then clicking "View All Posts."
Are you a detailed person? This job requires a detailed person--someone who would enjoy writing the Lord's Prayer on a grain of rice. Think about it, and I'll get back with you shortly. AW

#2942 by Chemical Residue
Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:34 pm
I just have the yahoo e-mail. I did away with the Chat...but you could tell me later.

#3040 by Guest
Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:38 am
Hi Karl, I'm new too. 8)

#3044 by Chemical Residue
Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:41 am
yeah Koolin what up?

#3050 by Guest
Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:18 pm
Not much CR, same old crap, different day. Nice to meet ya. I'm just reaching out to the musician world after being away for a long time. 8)

#3052 by chachaangelina
Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:48 pm
Well, I was just reading about the eight types of intelligence for this psychology class that I teach online. One of the eight is musical ability and another one is interpersonal skills. I know one of you said there is 91,000 members here and very little talking. Maybe that's why.
Not everyone has all eight types of intelligence! :)

#3111 by RhythmMan
Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:39 pm
Many Mensa members have poor 'interpersonal skills.'
#3112 by chachaangelina
Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:55 pm
How true! I wasted several years with such a person!
Cha Cha Angelina