This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#63979 by ratsass
Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:51 pm
I'm definitely a lover, not a fighter (even though I'm a big ol' boy and pretty strong at that 8) ). I don't get mad very easily and when I do, I take the time to think things over before blowing up. Quite a few years ago, a friend of mine leased this little local redneck bar so he could put together a band that he played drums in. He knew I had my own band playing most weekends so asked if I would come out and sit in with them on Thursday nights. I agreed and the first Thursday I did, I went there early in the day. When I walked in carrying equipment, there was only one customer at the bar and if you looked in the dictionary under "Redneck", his picture would have been there. He stared at me everytime I walked in with more stuff. When I got finished, I walked up to the bar, next to him. He looked at me and said, "Why don't you get a f^^kin' haircut?". Without missing a beat, I said, "Oh, I'd like to, but I'm a musician and have to keep my appearances down." and grinned at him. Then I just jumped in with jokes and bull$hitting, like I'd known him all his life. He started smiling and said, "What are you drinking?" and I told him Budweiser, and he said, "Bartender, get this man a Budweiser." From then on, when I got there to set up, I'd walk up behind him, tap him really hard on the shoulder and when he'd look around, I'd say, "When the hell am I gonna get a haircut?" and he'd say, "Bartender, get this man a Budweiser." Always got a free beer out of the deal. :)

#64055 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:00 am
HEY RATSASS,
WHEN YOU GONNA LET YOUR HAIR GROW LONG. LIKE MINE ON MY PROFILE.... REMEMBER././ MEN HAVE THREE BASIC HAIR STYLES....
PARTEDUNPARTEDDEPARTED//////........ DAMN, CAP LIGHT IS STUCK AGAIN]]]]]]]]
GLEN

#64060 by ratsass
Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:18 am
Man, this is as long as it'll grow. Just stops for some reason. I'd grow it to my arse if I could. Frizzy as it gets, though, I'd look like a blonde/grey Christmas tree. :shock: :lol:

#64067 by ZXYZ
Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:04 am
Damn JW, I guess all ya need is one big giant! :shock: He could probly take on 4 bikers+, bonk all their heads together at once and that'd take care of the problems. (I thought giants were just in story-books :D ) LOL

#64101 by jw123
Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:40 pm
The first defense is to run like hell.

I tell all my friends if a gun fight breaks out they are gonna dig bullets out of my ass cause Im going to lean forward and run.

But its great to have some really big friends to hide behind.

Im still laughing at this thread. I mean I can replace any piece of equipment I own, if some fool has a gun or knife on him and decides to really use it on me whats the point in being a dead hero.

20 yrs ago I saw a guy get knifes right in front of me playing, dude almost bled to death.

The days of a couple of people having a fight, then shaking hands is over. You never know what may be on someones mind when the crap starts.

I will say if you do get into an altercation maim the opponent in such a way that they cant get up and chase you.

#64114 by ZXYZ
Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:24 pm
Yeh, I'm a non-violent person too, like most of the good folks here on this thread have said they are. I've always perfered peace over violence. Maybe it's a musicians thing. We're not wusses, we're entertainers instead of being boxers. Takes all kinds, I guess. People are all wired differently.
Also, since this thread has split into 2 topics; my hair grows slower now and not as long too! Cant figure it out. :? :lol:

#64117 by jw123
Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:44 pm
Oh were talking hair now

"Hair Today Gone Tomorrow"

#64191 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:59 am
rogaine for men. what a joke . stuff only seemed to work on the lining in my guitar case. truth is women either love men with or with out hair or they don't.
fat wallets or skinny. no ... you got it all wrong again, ..go to your room.
OK HERE THE SECRET THAT WILL GET THOUSANDS OF WOMEN TO LOVE YOU... O.K. READY.. ......>>//?,./,</m>/'] >../>,%&$2.;';''.
JUST SEND 20$ TO MY PROFILE AND I WILL SEND YOU YOUR SECRET
CRIP2NITE DECODER RING. ::::: note; THIS OFFFER IS NOT TO BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER COUPONS . BLONDES WITH LONG HAIR HAVE MORE FUN.......

#64216 by Andragon
Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:27 am
giongi2 wrote:BLONDES WITH LONG HAIR HAVE MORE FUN.......

That's not true. This brunette came over and..... hmmm I think I'll stop here :shock:

#64224 by ZXYZ
Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:57 am
Women Love Musicians , Hair or No-Hair :D

#64230 by ratsass
Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:25 am
ZXYZ wrote:Women Love Musicians , Hair or No-Hair :D

Maybe so, but the story about the band getting all the women ain't necessarily so, especially around here. Usually, the band plays the music that gets them in the mood, while the non-musicians dance them up and booze them up and then when we're through playing, take them home (or to another club if they're not boozed up enough yet). At the end of the night, all the good looking ones are taken and gone. On the good side of that coin, though, at least the women that are still there are big enough to load equipment. :shock: :lol:

#64240 by fishdrownnair
Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:09 am
well i'm in flint so i kinda have to be tuff so yeah. hair? i so missed something.

#64255 by jw123
Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:14 pm
At the end of the night the only thing I get to play with is a bunch of cords and speakers, well most of the time anyway! HA HA HA

Women do seem to like musicians, I can vouch for that.