This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#63662 by fishdrownnair
Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:20 am
so the band i'm in, we played at my older brothers party tonight and one of his drunk friends kicked in our bass drum in the middle before our set was done. man now i got get a new bass drum.

#63676 by Hayden King
Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:58 am
Sorry Fish, that sucks bro!
People have called me red for doing it but I literally kick their drunk asses off the stage as soon as they hit it! My gear is more valuable to me then what the drunk guys friends think of me for doing it. I've seen a guitar neck snapped, a mic broken, and a mixing board crashed to the floor (luckily it wasn't hurt). So I take no chances because I'm too poor to replace the gear, and the drunks aint payin for em!

www.myspace.com/blunderingeye
www.myspace.com/445175001
http://ezfolk.com/audio/bands/6039/

"putting your head in a hole means you left your ass is in the air"

#63680 by ratsass
Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:17 am
We were playing a gig at a little local bar, and this drunk dude comes walking up with a fresh pitcher in his hand and stands in front of me leaning over to tell me we were a kick ass band, and the beer sloshes out onto my $350 pedal and messes up the digital readout on it. I couldn't kick his ass...hell, he was telling me how great we were. Just had to live with it. :? :cry: :lol:

#63683 by septictank
Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:11 am
Hey Fish..Like the f*@kin hat man, no woman can resist a guy with a big helmet...very nice, you even made my knees tremble a bit..Horny dude.

Oh and i like a man who is proud of his nasal discharge..cute

F*'kin sucks dude...If he had a car there, I'd hav gone out and polished it with f*@kin sandpaper..Sorry ta hear about that..sucks

#63691 by Kramerguy
Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:52 pm
wtf? Dude actually kicked a hole in the drum, not the head?

I'd make him pay for it, or would have beat his sorry ass. Drunk is no excuse for being reckless in my book.

I've had my gear damaged at a rough bar we used to play at. People would always try to climb to the back of the drumset to party with the drummer (he knew everyone)... and step all over my sh*t en-route. I don't play there anymore, and don't let anyone who's not in the band near my gear when I play out now.

#63694 by jw123
Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:23 pm
I screwed alot of vintage pedals up cause people were all over our stuff thru the years.

Thats one reason I kinda hate wild private partys. People step all over everything and also there never seems to be a real QUITTING time! They say keep playing we will pay extra. Extra never seems to show up.

Ive turned down a few of these gigs over the last few monthes. A lot of them are old friends who seem to think you owe them a free party for some reason or another.

Good Luck, I dont know if you will ever get a drunk to pay for damages, I never have been able to and Ive been doing this a long time. Its a learning process, I hope you learned something.

#63696 by AzStix4570
Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:59 pm
At least I have an extra to use! :wink:

Seriously tho...some drunk, or whatever, starts kicking holes in my toys, he gets a free ride to the ER.

Drunk or not...don't matter...the MF gonna get hurt real bad! :twisted:

#63700 by PocketGroovesGSO
Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:57 pm
That sucks dude. I've never experienced anything quite like that, but I know that the drunk guy would pay. He would either buy the new kick or the band would kick his *&%

#63716 by FBDrummer
Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:16 pm
you should have clobbered his drunk ass with the bass drum. man thats some BS.

rule #1 dont touch my Sh*t

#63722 by Chippy
Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:21 pm
Something like this happened to me too. Couldn't blame the guy he was jumping around like nuts.

Part of it I'm afraid unless you can afford a support crew. :(

#63732 by J-HALEY
Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:07 pm
We played at a place in Laport called Blondies where the worst bar room brawl I have ever seen broke out. We had to stop playing and we the band members lined up like a football front line to protect our gear when the brawlers saw that they stepped the f*ck back. Now days if someone damages my gear I am calling the cops and their drunk ass is going to jail period. :wink:

#63747 by Hayden King
Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:08 pm
J-HALEY wrote:We played at a place in Laport called Blondies where the worst bar room brawl I have ever seen broke out. We had to stop playing and we the band members lined up like a football front line to protect our gear when the brawlers saw that they stepped the f*ck back. Now days if someone damages my gear I am calling the cops and their drunk ass is going to jail period. :wink:

I think he tripped over my guitar pick officer. I'm sure the surgeon can fix all o that 8)

www.myspace.com/blunderingeye
www.myspace.com/445175001
http://ezfolk.com/audio/bands/6039/

"putting your head in a hole means you left your ass is in the air"

#63751 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:38 pm
BAR BRAWLS ARE AMAZING. THAT'S SOMETHIG YOU HAVE TO BE IN TO BELIEVE. IMAGINE BEST FRIENDS SITTING AT A TABLE, AND BECOMING INVOLVED IN A SMALL DISPUTE. SUDDENLY EVERYONE IN THE PLACE IS GOING AFTER SOMEONE ELSE. BARTENDERS, BOUNCERS, WAITRESSES, NON INVOLVED PATRONS, WOMEN STABBING PEOPLE WITH SCISSORS, TOTAL MAYHEM. I'VE SEEN IT TWICE. MAKES ROAD HOUSE LOOK LIKE OLD LADIES PLAYING GIN RUMMY. BOTH TIMES WE WERE PLAYING ON A STAGE. BOTH TIMES WE HAD A GREAT VIEW. RULE OF THUMB: DON'T BE THE BAND BLOCKINGTHE BATHROOM. ALLWAYS PLAY ON A STAGE. REMEMBER, DRUNKS ARE AFRAID FALLING OFF HIGH PLACES, SUCH AS THEIR CHAIRS. IT IS MUCH HARDER TO HIT SOMEONE 4 FEET IN THE AIR.

#63763 by gbheil
Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:14 am
I have not had to deal with any drunks so far. The parties I have played the beer drinkers were all calm and respectfull.
I dont let people walk around our setup though. A polite " we have a lot of electricity up here you should step back" has worked well.
If someone were to tear up my stuff being stupid, I would hope to be calm and do as J suggested. Then again, they might find out how the Band got it's name. :wink:

#63797 by fishdrownnair
Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:32 am
yeah i mean i would of beat the hell out of him but it was my brothers house and i have the highest respect for my older bro. so but yeah next time i see the guy i'm gonna get him to pay for it cause i can't afford a new drum and college.