This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#50367 by Mark Phillips
Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:25 am
Hello Josh,
I saw your post a couple of entries back... I went and looked at your profile and listened to: 'These words are a miracle'; I enjoyed it and was sometimes reminded of an English 70s band called Vandergraaf Generator... the piano is what did it, a very original structure.

Can you put some other tracks on your profile, I would like to hear some more?

Good luck with the music project,
Mark D Phillips................

#50680 by Johnny Nobody
Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:19 am
philbymon wrote:
stillkicken wrote:
RyanStrain3032 wrote:Nothing beats a real drum set...

True dat

Tell it to Futureman, from Bela Fleck & the Flecktones. He's got one helluvalotta sampled sounds he plays with, & he does it extremely well. And that weird instrument he plays is one of a kind, too. Check 'em out live, sometime, & I guarantee that your ears will be fooled.

I saw "Captn Future" of the Flecktones way back. That dude was onto it then and had 3 dozen wires hangin out of that bass guitar drum trigger getup. Goes to show some people are rare.

#51440 by Johnny Nobody
Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:24 pm
Kramerguy wrote:I've seen this "ad" here or somewhere else before..

I don't see any value in it.

Maybe because you play guitar not ELECTRIC DRUMS.

#56009 by Drummer that could
Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:40 pm
RyanStrain3032 wrote:Seems unnecessary and sounds fake. Nothing beats a real drum set...

i like the real thing too but electronic drums, used correctley can b amazing. the drums in my pic r electric and they sound awesome. if u listen to the def leppard album Hysteria u can get a truer understanding of how great they r.

#62116 by Johnny Nobody
Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:51 am
That's what made me do it. Nobody is really happy with electronic pads. Its the control over sound that attracts. Controlling real drums with electronics is a blast.

#62127 by ted_lord
Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:41 am
Johnny Nobody wrote:
stillkicken wrote:
RyanStrain3032 wrote:Nothing beats a real drum set...

True dat
EXCEPT DRUMMERS!!!..yes drummers beat real drums all the time but they only get ONE sound for it.

well I've known accoustic drummers to get more then a few sounds outta their kits, you can hit them on the outside as in the beautiful people, there's always the jazz mute with your stick woven in your fingers, you can play on the ring, you can dribble the stick, you can blast, use brushes, if I could recommend anything to a drummer its get a real kit, make sure the bass drum is nice and tight so you get a real good punch outta it, have nice firm springs on your pedal, and invest in a MANDALA pad, those don't have the lag of normal electronic drums and you can program you're own presets, all of which have a varying range of sound based on location of hit and pressure, and for around a grand (if the memory serves me right) they aren't insanely expensive (even at a grand and a half two grand I think they are a good buy) but I'm not a drummer or doing to well financially right now