This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

Why did you become a mucisian ?

8%
5%
N/A
68%
20%

#95601 by gbheil
Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:08 am
Less actually ........ well with some help anyways.
For me it's an inspiration, a few lyrics, a mood, a message (usually to or about myself) an internal feel of how the energy should flow, a basic melody in my head. The boys have an uncanny ability to just drag it out of my soul and play it. Hand em some lyrics on a lumber yard receipt off the floor of my Jeep, Perhaps sing a bar.
Ya buddy it's an awesome feeling.
I owe it all to Ray for inviting me to play music with him.
And the boys for being there for me.
Otherwise it would all just evaporate, poof.

#95605 by KLUGMO
Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:22 am
fROM ANY DIRECTION THERE IT IS---POOF
#95647 by Mark Phillips
Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:56 am
Hello Klugmo and others,
Yes it almost shocks you a bit doesn't it... I mean when a song comes out of the blue and pretty much complete into your hands.
I say hands not head, because for me a song never arrives as I sit silent by a river or something, but I think only when I am guitar in hand.

Sometimes I can be miles from home and get a line of words and melody arrive, but I never get further than that with it, because the guitar is a sort of memory stick isn't it... you find those first chords and something between the guitar and your hands remembers that and allows you to go further with the idea.

Writing a song is much like getting an erection in middle age: sometimes it goes well and sometimes it just doesn't happen!
Cheers from the UK
Mark.........................

#95680 by jw123
Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:38 pm
Mark if you would play a narrow necked guitar you might not have so much trouble holding on to a middle aged erection!

Sorry I couldnt resist

Have a Great Day Mark!
#95687 by Mark Phillips
Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:59 pm
Hello JW123,
When I saw you in that nice blonde wig my middle aged appendage nearly twitched a bit!
And I might try that idea to re train my grip on my Yamaha Strat neck instead of my wide-necked Strat.
Where there's a will there's a way!
Cheers,
Mark.................

#95725 by ZXYZ
Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:20 am
LOL @ Mark!
JW, that wig does wonders for you! You could be a complete big hair band.