This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

Why did you become a mucisian ?

8%
5%
N/A
68%
20%

#50876 by DEEOGEE
Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:48 pm
Actually I beleave it was every reason but parents. My dad backed me but my mom didn't so is was a bit crazy, but it fell into place. so to anyone who questions if they can do it, if you don't give up you'll find what you are looking for!!!!!

#50892 by Mahly
Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:20 am
My favorite band broke up...so to hear my favorite music live...I was gonna have to play it myself.

#50894 by ThomFrazier
Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:28 am
EDDY123 wrote:Growing up my mom played guitar and sang, she did a song with elvis in the 70s at lakeside amusement in salem va. My grandfather, my moms dad played blugrass music. all instruments involved. CCR concerts are the most to blame. And I just love IT. :arrow:

That story is cool. That's close to my life a bit. My grandmother was a vocalist, father was a pianist and mother a vocalist as well. My father and mom used to tour Reno and places like that. After they broke up years later my mother was a talent agent and managed many bands in the 70's she also had a chance to manage Scatman Cruthers and an actor that used to play Mr Clean in that day (can't remember his name). I remember Mr Clean went with us to the beach and was a good friend of my moms the rest is fuzzy memories at that age. I was inspired by listening to my mothers voice and in my teens Heavy Metal is to blame for the rest of my story. :)

Thanks EDDY123 for bringing back those memories.
\m/

#50933 by gbheil
Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:12 pm
Went to the beach with Mr Clean. :lol:

#52016 by clarc
Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:43 am
just always loved music,ever since i was young.love to make music almost any kind.once you get grooven it"s all over.

#52081 by Starfish Scott
Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:35 pm
I could hear it in my head.

Then it's a natural progression to want to be able to play what you hear ..

#52090 by gtZip
Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:51 pm
Yah but don't you get tired of that same old Circus theme, Cap?

#52113 by EDDY123
Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:32 pm
ThomFrazier wrote:
EDDY123 wrote:Growing up my mom played guitar and sang, she did a song with elvis in the 70s at lakeside amusement in salem va. My grandfather, my moms dad played blugrass music. all instruments involved. CCR concerts are the most to blame. And I just love IT. :arrow:

That story is cool. That's close to my life a bit. My grandmother was a vocalist, father was a pianist and mother a vocalist as well. My father and mom used to tour Reno and places like that. After they broke up years later my mother was a talent agent and managed many bands in the 70's she also had a chance to manage Scatman Cruthers and an actor that used to play Mr Clean in that day (can't remember his name). I remember Mr Clean went with us to the beach and was a good friend of my moms the rest is fuzzy memories at that age. I was inspired by listening to my mothers voice and in my teens Heavy Metal is to blame for the rest of my story. :)

Thanks EDDY123 for bringing back those memories.
\m/
Cool story, I am luckey in a way that i have alot of great music memorys of my mom and grnd father. Im trying to get my hands on some her vidios, but my stepfather is a jerk. If I can get some Ill put them up.PEACE

#52114 by Sir Jamsalot
Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:43 pm
Planning for my future. After accepting the fact that I'll never fulfill my lifelong dream of being a professional volleyball player, I'm taking Paul Gilbert's advice to "rock on!" because "you can still play guitar when you're a gazillion years old".

#52452 by Paleopete
Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:23 pm
5 years old I was sitting in my grandparents' living room, banging on my uncle's guitar, as any 5 year old will, and guess who walked in the door? HIM...the owner of the guitar...BUSTED...so he said "If you want to play it, play it right". Told him I didn't know how, he said he'd teach me. 15 minutes later I could play 3 chords, G, C and D I think, and an old backwoods ditty "Little Brown Jug". Not well, but I could fumble my way through it.

After that it was all over, I HAD to...no other reason, I became a musician because I HAD to. It was just there, that little guitar player in my head that never ever shut up, music floating through my mind 24/7, no matter what else I did, I had to do it with that damn little guitar player just wailing away...Never thought about anything else, rarely ever did anything else but play guitar and read. Then I watched the Beatles play the Ed Sullivan show in '64...after that there was no turning back. I was 8, my father HATED rock and roll, and I wanted to do nothing else. It cost me, I fought him for 40 years, got screamed at constantly, berated, ridiculed, cursed, insulted...but kept at it until I could keep up with any band in town. WHY?

Because I had to...

#52775 by ez28
Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:39 pm
The KIDD wrote:Hey man, sounds like ya got an early start and had a supportive family helpin along the way...Man, Im not really sure about me?. I dont think I "became"? I just "was"... I aligned pots and pans in the floor that looked like a drum kit at 2yrs of age with no help from anyone and played to records.Saw the drummer in the orchrestra pit in 65 at an ice capades show and BY GAWD SOMEHOW KNEW at 5 , I was gonna do that for a living?????It was a natural progression from there with only school band and garage band influencing till I hit the raod. No one in the family plays or encouraged really. Played pro US ,Canada, Mexico for 17 yrs.Just play local /regional now.
Thats my story..

same here....p&p.
John

#52828 by jw123
Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:11 pm
Girls, Girls, Girls

#52943 by hazes39
Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:35 pm
i must say in the 80" i noticed that what i played had an effect on some very sexy ladies and was hooked ever since.i did like a lot of evh and george lynch,will i be a guitar god maybe in my own mind.now i'm more into for the music all the crap they have out here now really made me want to be orginal and honest in my own music. i still remember the first rock record i heard and that was detroit rock city followed by tom sawyer aldo nova etc.when you do covers u honor those before you so always do them well.at some time take a chance with your own music.

#52947 by Mark Phillips
Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:05 pm
Looking at the choices I thought none of those... then realised it was my mum who started me; being Jewish she had a mum who played piano beautifully, and though she never pushed me onto any instrument there was always music going on.
But it was stealling my sister's guitar at 15 that set me off in this direction really.
Mark...................

#52959 by HowlinJ
Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:13 am
After hearing The Animals' "House Of The Rising Sun" on the radio, I decided that I wanted to play organ like Alen Price.
My mom bough me a Sears Silvertone organ for Christmas (I was 14 at the time). We were poor so I felt compelled to learn to plat it!
I got pretty good at playing keyboard solos, and when the old kids who had a garage band down the street heard me play, they asked me to jam with them, since their organ player was headed for Vietnam.
I got the gig, saved up for a Farfisa Combo Compact organ, and have been playin' (off and on) ever since. :)

I never had a burning desire to sing, but, it turned out that I was the best vocalist in the band, so I ended up a lead singer, after our front man left.

I didn't start composing songs seriously until the early 80's.

Picked up harmonica, sax, recorder, theremin, balalaika, piano, synthesizer, and a little guitar along the way.

Been busy building my new house, day-jobbin' and yackin' on this damn forum a lot lately, so I havent been giggin' in a couple of years. I enjoy hearing about you folks that are out playing, so I'm content for the moment.

Ther ya go! That's about me. (hope I did'nt bore yas too much :wink: )

Howlin'