This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#1964 by jvjino at msn com
Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:00 pm
I have a Mackie 808s and sometimes it sounds like sh*t and other times it blows me away. Ive read similar complaints from others. I use yamaha s115 speakers as side fills and a mackie 450 powered monitor off the monitor send on the 808 head. I have a collection of mics , 58s,Audix,Sennheiser and when the PA sounds boxy or muddy Ill test with my diff. mics with no change. So has anyone had this experience and if so what have you done. thanx

#1972 by Auburn Diva
Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:24 pm
I'm a Mackie fan, but I've used the 1402 mixer/1400i amp combo instead of a head. I've used a 1402, 1604cfx, & a 2404 mixer & loved both. The 1400i amp is the quietest amp I've owned, & it takes a 2ohm load all night without even heating up. And, nothing to do with performance, but the owners manuals for Mackie products are a riot to read!
#1973 by lovegood77
Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:24 pm
vin J wrote:I have a Mackie 808s and sometimes it sounds like sh*t and other times it blows me away. Ive read similar complaints from others. I use yamaha s115 speakers as side fills and a mackie 450 powered monitor off the monitor send on the 808 head. I have a collection of mics , 58s,Audix,Sennheiser and when the PA sounds boxy or muddy Ill test with my diff. mics with no change. So has anyone had this experience and if so what have you done. thanx
......Myself, Years ago, my band had the experience, back in Kansas to have John Mcbride do sound for us out o Wichita, the board was a Tax Scorpion, my favorite personally, oh and you you may not know who John is, but you might of heard of his wife, Martina.........M

#1978 by jvjino at msn com
Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:04 pm
Thanx Auburn and Lover for the response. I like the simplicity of a powered mixer. Just wish they'ed get it right. thanx