This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#1962 by Bonesworth
Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:45 pm
New band comprised of reunited, seasoned rockers seeks a singer and a bass player.

We're both veterans of the rock scene and have both been in bands that you most likely have seen or heard of. Never you mind which bands those are right now. That shouldn't be a deciding factor. Do you want to rock or what?

We have tunes together already, and they're rehearsed, and of course we're open to all kinds of new stuff if you have some and it's good, but we're all about rock stuff. We're not doing country, pop, goth, etc. We're doing rock. Just plain rock. Real rock, like with guitars and sh*t :P . We're doing everything from the rock ballad to hard rock. We're predominantly going to be an original band, but we're not opposed to tossing in a few tweaked cover tunes just so the crowd can feel like they know us. Just make no mistake... We are NOT going to be a cover band. Don't expect to work it like one.

We have the rehearsal space already, and it's not a shitty one. It's really decent.

Here's what we ARE looking for:
A good singer and bass player who have their own equipment and a desire to practice and play with a local rock band. I don't think that's asking too much. Those are the basics right there.

(*Note: I have a vocal PA, and if you're worth my time and effort to drag it to the rehearsal room, I'll do it, but really, a person claiming to be a rock singer should have their own rehearsal gear. Everyone else in the band is expected to have theirs. Right?)

Oh, and PS... We're both 30-something, so all you teenie boppers looking to go to Nickleback Mountain or something, well... Look elsewhere.

Oh ya...And let me also mention that we're shooting a documentary as we attempt to assemble a good band. Anyone wishing to be interviewed or auditioned, or part of the band at all will need to allow themselves to be videotaped and possibly used in our documentary.

Email me at bonesworth(at)yahoo(dot)com
We're also right here at bandmix.com... http://bandmix.com/profile92426.html
#2164 by Flacy
Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:56 am
I know what you should do. In your documentary, after you reject a couple of teenie-bopper rockers because they are too immature, you can reject me cause I'm too old (almost sixty but I can rock your socks off). It could be a real touching scene. The audience comes to know me for the real nice guy I am and sees that I can play the hell out of a bass ... then comes the Proverbial Axe. What a tear jerker. Is that good stuff or what?

Having done a couple of corporate videos for my company and several to raise money for my children's high school band, I'm darned good at video editing. I could help. I have directed a couple of videos too. I am good with scene composition, framing, timing, camera positioning, cuts, scene transitions, you name it. I work in the computer field (Director of Information Technology) and have built a couple of video-editing computers from the ground up. I am also a good camera man and photographer (been shooting pictures since I was sixteen). I am an excellent writer too (even documentaries require scenes to be written). On top of all that I've got a real interesting musical background. I used to play with Adrian Belew (King Crimson, Talking Heads, David Bowie, Frank Zappa) and have opened for met and shared the stage with various know rock stars. I think I am perfect for your video project. So now, all you guys have to do is come to Spartanburg, South Carolina. How 'bout it?

#2223 by RocknMike
Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:05 pm
You can come to Bluffton SC dude I'm 51 they can reject me to I'd love to rock with ya, man anybodies played with Frank Zappa is alright by me. check out my profile maybe we could get an alstar band haha call it Geezer :lol:
#2298 by Flacy
Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:03 pm
Thanks, RocknMike. Actually I auditioned with a Gaffney, SC, group last night and think I got the gig. The group is called Ninety Nine Cents and is comprised of some really solid players. Anyway, they asked me back for rehearsal tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one, but I will keep you in mind.

By the way, I actually never played with Zappa. I played with Adrian Belew just before he became Zappa's guitarist. If you would like to read the account of how Adrian was discovered by Zappa, I have a kind of funny post on this site under the Tour Talk forum called "Keep Your Eyes Closed or Open All The Time."