This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#4828 by liquid_embrace
Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:10 pm
Right now I have a Fender 60th Anniversary model Strat, an older Crate 1x12 amp and the Digitech GNX3000, but I am going to make significant changes to my set up in the next 60 days. I also have a Dean acoustic that I really love.

I love the versatility of the Strat, so I will either stick with it or upgrade the particular model I have. I really like the Player's Choice 50s model Strat.

I am definitely going back to Fender amps. Probably the new White Lightning model Hot Rod Deluxe. I think the 1x12 is easier to haul around than the 2x12 Pro-185 I used to have.

I might dump the GNX and go with assorted analog pedals like I used to use. I think I prefer having more individual control on the fly than having the GNX. I am still undecided on that, though.

#4832 by CelticMandolin
Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:31 pm
I have a pretty wide collection to choose from but my primaries are a Rickenbacker 660VB, Rickenbacker 360/12, Rickenbacker 5002v58, Godin LGHmb, '76 Fender Starcaster (the 335ish thing, not the Strat copy) running into a stereo amp setup of a '91 "The Twin" and a '99 Princeton Chorus.

I also have heaps of Strats, Jags, Teles and Guilds when the need arises for them and my new custom Vero Chicago Zephyr amp should be coming soon!

For bass I run a Fender Roscoe Beck VI or Rickenbacker 4003FL into a Carvin Cyclops.

#5375 by Archaic Cessation
Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:47 pm
ESP LTD 250 guitar.

#5415 by Ray Sauter
Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:45 pm
For electric guitars cannot go wrong with a good STRAT with overwound alnico single coil pickups!

I also have an Electra Phoenix that was a $26 "Ebay Special" that I turned into a pretty deacent guitar.

For Acoustic guitars I am probably an Alvarez Yairi man for life! I have an old DY-45 that has lots of mileage and will eventually replace it with a DY-84C or something along these lines. For now, I am making do with an Ovation Celebrity that doesn't sound too bad with a chorus pedal and some toneshaping!

For Bass, I like the Yamaha I have now (RBX-775). I also have a couple of "P-Bass" copies including a customized "Ebay Special" that I turned into a "Fretless!"

Don't have as many axes as the "Guitar Museum Boy" but I have a very loving and underatanding wife who allows me to have a really cool "Guitar Room" just the same! :D

#5433 by gexclamationpoint
Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:11 pm
Ray Sauter wrote:For electric guitars cannot go wrong with a good STRAT with overwound alnico single coil pickups!

i agree. factory strat pickups are sh*t.

ive been ok with my guitars, but i think ive exceeded the talent level that usually accompanies these things. my parents were never big on music, so they refused to buy the better guitars. but i recently ordered a Gibson SG standard, cant wait to make sweet love to that 498T when it gets here. gotta pay for this mother by myself.

right now im managing with an epi les paul 100 and a mexican fender strat.

#5557 by djmistat
Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:23 pm
gibson J45 rosewood (acoustic)
Ibanez RG321mh weathered black (electric)
Vintage EJM96 Bass Series (bass)

(althought the fretless bass does look verry shexy...hmm...how well does it play..?)

#5590 by Ani
Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:25 pm
:cry:

Used to have an Ibanez Sa FM36 ltd wint and Evolution pick at the bridge
and a pod rack mount till an ex band mate ran off with all the gear

@!£$&%*£)

#5594 by gexclamationpoint
Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:07 pm
Ani wrote::cry:

Used to have an Ibanez Sa FM36 ltd wint and Evolution pick at the bridge
and a pod rack mount till an ex band mate ran off with all the gear

@!£$&%*£)
ran off?

if anyone ran off with my guitar id strangle them

#5933 by Jack5992
Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:40 pm
My guitar collection as of now is merely an '04 Fender Stratocaster (Hecho en Mexico), black finish and rosewood fretboard, and an '05 Ibanez Artcore, trans red finish and rosewood fretboard. I don't care much for soundwise, either... to the point where I'm selling the Ibanez and keeping the Strat only because it holds a special place in my heart.

And the money from the Ibanez's sale will go to... a brand new Gibson SG Classic, along the lines of Townshend, Santana, Iommi and Krieger.

I have a pair of Fender Frontman amps, of which I plan to pawn off one, use the dough to get a Blues Jr, and keep the other as a backup.

#6361 by Stareater
Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:35 pm
A 1996 Gibson SG-I All-American, 1989 Gibson SG90 Double, 2006 US Jackson SL1T Soloist, 2004 US Jackson SL1 Graveyard Soloist, 1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, and a 1985 Gibson SG400.

#6376 by Vocals & Bass
Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:28 pm
{BASS} Have a vintage Kramer 4-string, Dont play it much. [Too Heavy] I love my Ibenez 5-string, Active pickups. But I still would like to have an "Alembic".

#6621 by assassin
Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:58 pm
My main guitars are ESP ex-400 BD with an EMG60 in the neck and an EMG 80 in the bridge, an ESP H-50 with a Seymour Duncan in the bridge. I also have a Washburn Idol, a Washburn (Oscar Schmitt) hollowbody, and a 1968 Univox Ripper. ( I think it's a 1968.....it's old...) They make a beautiful sound thru my Marshall halfstack

#6729 by MattZito
Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:58 pm
Custom by Bill Delap
3 Carvin HF2's Fatboys
The ones above have
250k Pots and SD Custom shop D/S 59's
and one has Rio Grandes modified by Chip Flynn

Gibson ES 135

#6784 by CollectiveAge
Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:04 am
'98 Gibson Les Paul DC Standard
'04 Gibson Les Paul Classic
'68 Fender Telecaster
'06 Fender Lite Ash Telecaster
'66 Vox Bulldog
'05 Wilson Brothers VM 75 Ventures Model
'05 Ibanez Artist AR300
'05 Ibanez AES10 Acoustic/Electric
'87 Squire Strat (Japanese)
'91 Squire Strat (Korean)
'99 Fender Strat (Mexican)
70 something lawsuit model Takamine 12 string
One of a kind custom built Miller Strat copy
'06 Ibanez Soundgear bass
70 something Global Jazz Bass copy
Amps:
'56 Fender Tremolux
Peavey Classic 50
Vox Valvestate ADV100
Epiphone Triggerman 60

Just bought the Digitech Brian May Red Special pedal. I love it.
Last edited by CollectiveAge on Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

#6785 by CollectiveAge
Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:07 am
Vocals & Bass wrote:{BASS} Have a vintage Kramer 4-string, Dont play it much. [Too Heavy] I love my Ibenez 5-string, Active pickups. But I still would like to have an "Alembic".

I know a guy in Pa. that has an Alembic he will probably let you have for 12 grand. It has L.E.D. position markers. :D

I used to play in a band with a guy that had a Kramer 8 string. Sounded like Cheap Trick.