This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#37522 by Crip2Nite
Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:22 pm

#37523 by philbymon
Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:58 pm
Good pic, Crip!

My wife just brought home this 80 lb lab-rotty-pit bull mix dog that looks like it could kill me.

I have this thing about not having a pet or a wife that can beat me up. so I'm establishing my dominance & trying to buff up a bit. Hard to "buff up" a marshmallow, ain't it? Gawd I hate bein' fat!

The dog is a cute thing, for such a big beastie, but she keeps knockin' my legs out from under me for fun...I HATE that! Stopped her from jumping up on me, though. Just kneed her in the chest & she went butt over teakettle onto her back - I don't think she liked that very much! Now if only I can teach her that my recliner is MY chair, & MINE ALONE!!!! I swear she thinks she's a lap dog like the pugs, & MAN is that awkward!

At least I have a big dog that'll scare off strangers...& that's just what I wanted!

#38054 by Senior Jalapeno
Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:04 pm
Sorry, you are a disatisfied "customer" you refund check is being mailed out soon. LOL !!!

#38069 by @Ace Entertainment
Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:46 pm
I was not met with the friendliest of thoughts when I first came here either, and partly it was the way I handled myself as well as the others involved, but I have found this site to be quite resourceful. I have added 2 band members from this site and have also signed a couple bands from this site for my Fund in the Sun Music Festival (watch for the headliner announcement later this week). Some of the guys in here have nothing better to do than fuss and moan and pick fights, but most here want to get their careers going in the music business. Give the site a chance, its only 60 bucks a year, it gives you a more secure place to direct people for your music samples (myspace is soooooo easy to steal music from), they give you updates when new people sign up in your area (if you're looking for band members, this can save alot of time), the forums have a lot of useful information in them once you sort through the trash. Apologize for jumping to conclusions and give it a chance. You might be surprised. ----------------------------------> I hope you ducked when you were warned to

#38071 by Kramerguy
Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:17 pm
@Ace Entertainment wrote:Some of the guys in here have nothing better to do than fuss and moan and pick fights, but most here want to get their careers going in the music business.

I wanna do both!

#38078 by CustomStratMan
Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:10 pm
I just signed up today. Don't be cheap. The free sites seem to get all the wannabes that are too cheap or too broke. Dealing with them was worse than paying the fee. I am looking forward to "meeting" people here.

#38081 by RhythmMan
Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:52 pm
" . . . Some of the guys in here have nothing better to do than fuss and moan and pick fights . . ."
Yeah, that attitude helps keep away the very kind of people I think we'd all like to see here; you know, pros with tons of experience who are out there playing in public all the time.
Lately you've been seeing a lot more neophytes joining up - some not even old enough to play in a drinking establishment . . .
I'd like to see some big names join up, but I guess they don't feel comfortable here . . .
Can you imagine someone like Paul McCartney or Eric Clapton or the like sitting in here? No? Hmmm, I wonder why not?
Think about it . . .

#38093 by Starfish Scott
Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:12 pm
I know why, it's because there's a lot of bitching and moaning. That and if you had 10 million in local currency, you'd rather be off getting laid in the sun on your own island.

If you don't like it, the door is over there.

Otherwise people will continue to write, regardless of whether of not your puss hurts.

How many times can people whine about the same sh*t? You want to send an invite to Eric Clapton? I think he'd laugh so hard, he'd wet himself.

Quite frankly, I think those that are well known have "better stuff to do with their time."

Don't spend your life wishing about what could have been when you can spend it wishing about what is.

#38104 by RhythmMan
Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:49 am
CapnScot; " . . . send an invite to Eric Clapton? I think he'd laugh so hard, he'd wet himself . . ."
Agreed.

#38106 by Starfish Scott
Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:59 am
I mean I know it's better to be PC and positive, but people will say stuff that one doesn't necessarily like or agree with, but that is what a FORUM is.

And to keep bitching about it is pointless..please stop.

#38121 by Andragon
Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:20 am
[Insert bitching] 8)

#38197 by gbheil
Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:13 am
Hey Ace. I'm glad your here even if we do knock a spark now and again. :D