This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#36643 by gtZip
Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:48 pm
Heres a Roadmap for the wak I took at the drum track.

On your bandmix player (actually 'my' Bandmix player, I guess it would be):

0:00 to 0:25 -- Intro
0:26 to 0:44 -- Verse
0:45 to 1:03 -- Chorus
1:04 to 1:23 -- Verse
1:24 to 1:42 -- Chorus
1:43 to 2:20 -- Solo spot
2:21 to 2:41 -- Chorus
2:42 to 2:59 -- Verse
3:00 to End -- Chorus

:P

#36695 by Andragon
Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:23 am
Dig the confidence, Mary :D

Pete was kind enough to explain the measures n time sigs. And I fully agree :D
I know he was giving a few examples, but for the record, there are other time signatures ofcourse. Not widely used though.

#36702 by Paleopete
Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:38 pm
Kramer

I was trying to answer zip's question, not questioning your layout of the song. You probably knew that though... :roll:

Yes there are plenty other time signatures, I've played in 2/4, 3/8, 6/8, 5/4, and others. It can get interesting when you mix them up and switch in the middle of a song...

Zip

Pretty interesting guitar work there, I downloaded it yesterday and listened on the home computer, it'll be interesting to see what evolves as a bass line. Can't do much with a lead until I have an idea what bass and vocals will be though.

#36704 by Kramerguy
Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:06 pm
no worries, I always appreciate someone who takes the time to break things down and explain them.

As far as the track goes-
Between rehearsals and having to practice band material this week, I just haven't had much time to put into this.

I did try to work on it a little bit Tuesday night, but got caught up in a revolving rhythm, 4 notes, catchy, and can't find a bridge out. The more I tried to work it out, the more I got stuck on the same progression. Just didn't have time to work it out.

If I remain stuck after the weekend, I will upload it and see what you geniuses can do with it :D

#36729 by gtZip
Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:26 pm
I know what a measure is, kids. I was just being a wise-guy. 8)

#36805 by lalong
Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:40 am
I added some synth, came out alright could have been cleaner. :oops: Oh well still ok I guess a bit mellower though. Top of the profile KramerGuys Song Version2

Well it was spontaneous :D , but I’m crowding the lead section I should have gone with just chords and a lot less busy. It’s probably putting the song at a dead end, no room for lead or vocals. Disregard this take folks, the chorus is too light as well. Kramer gtZip, I still like the way it sounds, either of you guys mind if I keep it on the profile?

#37136 by Geppetto1
Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:18 pm
Let's do this. That sounds amazing. I think it would be fantastic to see what kind of a song we would get with everyones different influences and styles.

#37140 by lalong
Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:10 pm
Thanks Geppetto.
Go for it, you’re right and I’m really curious how each part is going to sound. Multiple versions will just add to the diversity and people can mix/match what they want to add too. I know most of the people how posted on this thread seemed real busy so I just figured what the hell, I have time to kill and it’s fun. :)

I think after the bass line is added things will pick up real quick. If I’m not mistaken there are two lead guitars a flute, two vocals, another keyboard and maybe a separate drum track still to come.

#37154 by fretwork
Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:15 am
Ok how you download the drum track onto your computer?

#37155 by Black57
Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:23 am
lalong wrote:Thanks Geppetto.
Go for it, you’re right and I’m really curious how each part is going to sound. Multiple versions will just add to the diversity and people can mix/match what they want to add too. I know most of the people how posted on this thread seemed real busy so I just figured what the hell, I have time to kill and it’s fun. :)

I think after the bass line is added things will pick up real quick. If I’m not mistaken there are two lead guitars a flute, two vocals, another keyboard and maybe a separate drum track still to come.

I can't wait till the flute starts playin. I will do this in the next day or two. Maybe I will send this to Oprah and she can hook us up on her show

#37156 by lalong
Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:37 am
fretwork, go to Kramerguy's profile: http://bandmix.com/kramerguy/ Click on the "Audio Video" tab to download the drums. Also we should keep in mind that three tracks or more and the mp3s are going to start sounding noisy. It may be a good idea to get the tracks individual and unmixed. So the end mp3 is only compressed twice.

Could someone help me with this question?
If I start at C, 440.00 hz and tune up or down, would it match eventually if something is tuned to a different key? Or will transposing it to a different key actually change the harmonics of the keyboard?
Last edited by lalong on Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

#37157 by gtZip
Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:39 am
lalong wrote:I Kramer gtZip, I still like the way it sounds, either of you guys mind if I keep it on the profile?

Fine with me. I did my bit and set it to the wind.

#37169 by fretwork
Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:28 pm
Thanks Lalong, It's done I'm gonna give a shot at Kramerguy idea but unless I come up with something decent at least in my own mind I'll just watch and listen the development of the song

#37208 by Black57
Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:55 am
lalong wrote:fretwork, go to Kramerguy's profile: http://bandmix.com/kramerguy/ Click on the "Audio Video" tab to download the drums. Also we should keep in mind that three tracks or more and the mp3s are going to start sounding noisy. It may be a good idea to get the tracks individual and unmixed. So the end mp3 is only compressed twice.

Could someone help me with this question?
If I start at C, 440.00 hz and tune up or down, would it match eventually if something is tuned to a different key? Or will transposing it to a different key actually change the harmonics of the keyboard?

A is 440. I am not sure exactly what you are asking. But if you are the first to record then you establish the key and we will have to figure it out.
If you decide to make it the key of C then we all have to play in the same key. IMHO, we should attempt a key change. I hope I can get started tomorrow. I want you guys to have a clue to who I am.

#37220 by jw123
Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:48 pm
When do we get to hear this stuff you guys are talking about?