This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

What's most important to you?

79%
7%
11%
4%

#76724 by ratsass
Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:52 pm
It used to be about the partying as much as the music. Now it's ALL about the music.

#76726 by Chippy
Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:59 pm
"Struttin my stuff; being idolized by a crowd"

Come on. Own up! Which 3 of you decided this was what it is all about :D

#76732 by jsantos
Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:41 pm
What about competition? One thing I find exciting is participating in Battle of The Bands situations. Also, I entered sponsored competitions like Guitar Center's "Guitarmaggedon". Doing these competitions help me build chops and increase my shred abilities. Not to mention the thrill of winning. :)

#76736 by mrg2u
Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:06 pm
8) Your right. At the end of the day it`s always the music. It`s like Stevie Ray said, some nights everything works and some nights everything sucks, but when it works and you get those goose bumps, that's where it all lives. The best part,I think for me, is that I can get the goose bump feelings watching someone else rock it as much as I do when it works for me cause I just LOVE music. It`s like I am hard wired for it. The chicks, The partying, all that is really secondary and the chicks don't matter anymore as I have been married to the same woman for 24 years and a good thing too cause w/out her support I would not be where I am today. As for the partying, I would rather have the guy`s in the band and maybe a small group of friends after the show, not to say I did not do my share back in the day, but for me it has always been that float when all the work pays off and I can hear for myself that I got it down right and if some one else thinks i got it right that my friends, is the icing on the cake.MRG2U

#76737 by Chippy
Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:17 pm
Dude is that your studio/rehearsal place at home? :shock:
Impressive and I totally agree with what you've said.

mrg2u wrote:8) Your right. At the end of the day it`s always the music. It`s like Stevie Ray said, some nights everything works and some nights everything sucks, but when it works and you get those goose bumps, that's where it all lives. The best part,I think for me, is that I can get the goose bump feelings watching someone else rock it as much as I do when it works for me cause I just LOVE music. It`s like I am hard wired for it. The chicks, The partying, all that is really secondary and the chicks don't matter anymore as I have been married to the same woman for 24 years and a good thing too cause w/out her support I would not be where I am today. As for the partying, I would rather have the guy`s in the band and maybe a small group of friends after the show, not to say I did not do my share back in the day, but for me it has always been that float when all the work pays off and I can hear for myself that I got it down right and if some one else thinks i got it right that my friends, is the icing on the cake.MRG2U

#84620 by dan_t
Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:32 pm
I would say that it is not totally about the music, and not exactly about being idolized by an audience. However just the music by itself is fun and fine, but if you have an audience that you connect with, that are actively listening and then chear and clap after you finish, and fine if they idolize you as well, then well you have to two ingredients that I love. Being able to do music which you love, and getting a reaction getting feedback, getting positively noticed. People hearing what you are saying and connecting with that.
Music to me, feels like a secret that has come from someone, somewhere in your mind, that you are dying to tell someone. You need to tell an audience. Hopefully you get to tell some people that actually want to hear your secret.

Dan

#84651 by Crip2Nite
Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:48 pm
.... a cornucopia of drugs.. :twisted: