This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#1341 by RhythmMan
Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:04 pm
Hey, Belle , glad to hear things are working out good for you.
As a reminder, here's your original post to me from the othet topic area:

Posted: 29 Jun 2006 11:20 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, Alan - I know this is OT, but wanted to tell you...

I just heard from my Houston atty and it's official. I'm now Black Wolf Books, Inc.

(Took forever, cuz someone else in Texas had a lock down on Black Wolf.)

Anyway, I'm good to go for contracting with musicians now. (Well, as soon as I get my checkbook out of the iron lung!)

http://www.myspace.com/blackwolfbooks
http://www.blackwolfbooks.com

You say '. . . good to go for contracting with musicians?"
Writing, playing, singing , or all of the above?
Alan

#1349 by RhythmMan
Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:16 am
Belle, cool idea - books/Lyrics/ CD.
You might hold off on publishing any new books until you get the CD all set to go with it. Doesn't have to be a full album does it? :) Maybe just 3-4 songs?
Hmmm - maybe you could even have a couple of the main characters talking back & forth, as track # 5. You know, a "SPECIAL FREE Bonus - Hear the main characters speaking LIVE!"
Just think - you could speak for the main female character in one of your books. Wouldn't that be a kick, eh? :)
(You don't have to tell your readers it's YOU. Just tell them that you got the most charismatic woman you colud find! Maybe your husband could do the Male lead role. You guys can be stars. :)
Hey - you could go to a local tavern or something, for background 'ambiance.' :)
Hey, at one time, wasn't Deleware the fastest, easiest or cheapest place to incorporate? It was my understanding that you don't need to LIVE there, but it was cheap or easy or something, to incorporate there.
You know about that kind of stuff. What was the story on that, anyway?

I just got back from a family picnic. I played acoustically for about an hour or so, then I played horse shoes for about another hour.
Then (oops) - I tore off part of my right ring finger's fingernail while playing. No blood, but I won't be doing any finger-picking for a while.
I don't know if you heard my latest song, "Frolicking Fingers," or not - but now I won't be able to finish polishing it for another couple weeks, darn. I can strum it, but when I finger pick, I select different strings to pick first - not neccessairly the root of the chord.
Hope you & your husband have a good Forth.

#1412 by RhythmMan
Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:25 pm
Belle,
Nice artwork. My wife thought it was nice, too.
Looks like a romance - type cover.
Any music in it?
Alan

#1414 by Guest
Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:48 pm
Hi belle: Just wanted to shout a big CONGRATS at you and wish you all the best in your efforts with the books/CD. I am a ghost writter of childrens books. I am working with an illustrator now on a 9 book series as well al a fully animated childrens movie....all involve music.