This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#167941 by Jahva
Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:49 pm
Slacker G wrote:Who would have thought that would ever happen? Diane Warwick and the physic network folks perhaps? Funny that with all the interviews she has been on in the last month, no one ever asked her why she didn't warn Whitney.

:shock: :lol: :oops: :shock: :lol:

#167983 by RGMixProject
Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:56 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:You forget having to walk to school barefoot, 10 miles uphill in both directions!

Should have told that smartass store clerk that it was HER STORE that decided to start using plastic bags instead of recyclable paper ones (which also functioned as book covers and halloween costumes!)

Your not that guy who put bigger tires on the back of his car so you will always be going down hill to save gas?

#168025 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:20 pm
RGMixProject wrote:Image

Do you know who this is?

I read that this was Lester Chambers - from the Chambers Brothers. They had 1 hit (Time Has Come Today) but were around for a long time.

#168026 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:22 pm
RGMixProject wrote:[Your not that guy who put bigger tires on the back of his car so you will always be going down hill to save gas?

No, I took 1 wheel off so that I would have less rolling resistance and use 25% less gas! :wink:

#168036 by JCP61
Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:29 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:
RGMixProject wrote:Image

Do you know who this is?

I read that this was Lester Chambers - from the Chambers Brothers. They had 1 hit (Time Has Come Today) but were around for a long time.

I'm sure he's not the only guy this happened to..
won't be the last I'm sure.

#168076 by RGMixProject
Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:01 am
Ah, the Chamber Brothers. I love that song "Time has come today" and I wounder how they ever performed the long version live.

What a shame.

Thanks
#175789 by splinters
Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:47 pm
With age comes experience. I live in the Northern Ky area, near Cincinnati. Walton to be exact. I'm a drummer, a reasonably seasoned one. I'm all in for putting a band together. The main problem is finding musicians that are more interested in playing music than playing around, drinking heavily and getting stoned does not improve musical prowess. Not even a little bit. There is a time and place for that, and on the gig ain't it. I am interested in classic rock and blues, and possibly writing our own stuff. I try to Jam the songs and extend them a bit improvising, making the songs recognizable but not EXACTLY like the record, in order to do this correctly one must know how to play the songs like the record. But improvising like this really gets the attention of the crowd. Anyone in the Northern Ky. area interested in doing something like this contact me at [email protected] By the way I own a Tama 7 piece set with double bass kicker which I am quite proficient using. I also have a full basement for rehearsal. :roll: :? well it's been nearly 3 years since this post and Nary a word. I sold my Tama set and replaced it with another set, a 5 piece. I kept the Tama double bass pedal. I'm really interested in doing Blues and Classic Rock...mostly.
Last edited by splinters on Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#175948 by jimmydanger
Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:59 pm
RGMixProject wrote:Ah, the Chamber Brothers. I love that song "Time has come today" and I wounder how they ever performed the long version live.

What a shame.

Thanks

I saw the Chambers Brothers do that song in 1974. They actually did it very well, including the slowing down clock tick and the freakout ending.
#176385 by TheGuitarpicker
Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:48 pm
Anonymous wrote:I have been playing a loooong time. I have great equipment. Bandmix seems to be dominated by heavy metal and alt rock bands. I am an old fart who has played with the stars of yesteryear and only seek people who are willing to do something fun, interesting, and bluesy. Little rehearsing and a modicum of gigs to entice everyone.
Isn't there a place on bandmix that is equivalent to an elephant's burial ground for very experienced players? Can I get an amen?
Someone contact me and improve my look on life, music and the pursuit of normalcy.

I'm 49 (man THAT sucks!) and I'm here to unite! I have some good chops and here's that AMEN! I'm lancaster pa, so contact away!

Hear me: http://www.bandmix.com/theguitarpicker/

#176433 by MikeTalbot
Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:32 pm
There seem to be a lot of players in PA. But you're only 49? i guess that's old enough to work the clubs! 8)

To you guys that think country music is dead - wrong! You are looking for love in all the wrong places! You need to listen on sat radio. The Outlaw Country station has great stuff as do several others.

And they even have one channel for that bullshit semi disco pabulum that passes for country on commerical radio - if you really want it. (not me!)

Talbot

#210329 by MikeTalbot
Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:04 am
Scott

Those are wise words. You have to be a musician in all respects.

This was one of the knives I stuck in my marriage. My wife found it ridiculous that a man my age would be trying flog original songs (all of which are just silly) rather than playing in some bar band. She found it extremely arrogant that I never even considered that option.

Arrogant? I don't really think so. It's just when I do this, it's how I do this.

You write songs so you know what I'm saying. You don't do it to make people love you or sadly, even to make money (which frosts the chicks).

You do it because it's what you do.

Talbot