This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#187 by Guest
Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:21 pm
I have been playing a loooong time. I have great equipment. Bandmix seems to be dominated by heavy metal and alt rock bands. I am an old fart who has played with the stars of yesteryear and only seek people who are willing to do something fun, interesting, and bluesy. Little rehearsing and a modicum of gigs to entice everyone.
Isn't there a place on bandmix that is equivalent to an elephant's burial ground for very experienced players? Can I get an amen?
Someone contact me and improve my look on life, music and the pursuit of normalcy.

#188 by KDE
Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:48 pm
kohnhed,

I see your from Illinois. I am too. I've been playing for a long time also. 40 years. Shoot me an email. We can talk about our musical interests and maybe we can get together sometime. [email protected]. I'll be back on line Tuesday after the holidays.

Kerry
#711 by Browneyes
Mon May 01, 2006 11:01 pm
Good God, Y'all !! I can't find anybody down here in south Georgia to play some good old music with. Where are all the Old Timers in Georgia?

#755 by Guest
Thu May 11, 2006 9:06 pm
Yes, I agree with you. Seems that life has gotten in the way of a lot of musicians. Family, demanding jobs, and age in general. I still love to perform, jam, and collaberate with other creative people, but they are getting harder to find as I get older. Most of the so-called alternative music is no alternative to me. Real music was popular many years ago. I share your pain but I refuse to quit. I love music and just bought my first new set of Gretsch drums. I gave my vintage Ludwigs (oyster pearl blue) to my son who loves them and also appreciates our era of music. I live in Indiana, play rock&roll, blues, funk, r&b, and would love to jam with any seasoned music lovers in the midwest. Rock on brother!!!

Johnny B.

[email protected] :D
#757 by SheWolf
Thu May 11, 2006 11:04 pm
I'm a 52 year old rock drummer, female yet, and am trying to find folks in the E. TN area, w/in an hour's commute from Greeneville TN. (Preferably closer, of course)

Heck I actually LIKE alternative/modern rock!

Wish I too could find some musicians (any age over 30) to get together with occasionally.

Anyone out there?? Email me! [email protected]

...have honda will travel... Sue

#795 by The KIDD
Fri May 19, 2006 3:34 pm
Hey Gang,

I feel your pain...Ive been outta the local clique' since 98-99.Just in that 7 year span,alot has changed...Im think alot of it has to do with the natural evolving of a culture...When I started playin in 73, the birth of rock n roll and all of its cousin genres' was still relatively new...We would play "Iron Man" , then "Hang on Sloopy", then a 50s' set.It was no big deal to see teens playin with people n their 30s'40s' even 50s'...And Im sure like alot of you, I played 5-6 nites a week at 17...Dinner music at 7, Dance at 9, Show at 11 covering anything you'd wanna hear.You could like Rush and the Eagles back then...Most people I knew 12-50 could tell you what was on the top 40 list...My Parents liked AeroSmith,Styx,Journey..NOW, when I get on local boards ,I see people describing what they wanna play,and I see genres' Ive never even heard of....We recently had a youngin post that he didnt wanna play with anyone that was "freakin 50!!!"... :lol: ...You should seen the responses...Yeah , in 88, I got a weird feeling while out on the road that everything I had come to know about the music business(as I knew it since 73) was changing fast.I can just about pin point the day :lol: ....Like Sue, I too like some of the newer material.BUT, its so scattered out in so many genres,half the time when I hear a tune I like , I dont even know what to call it....
Anyway, Im starting to ramble.. :roll: .Im to the point now where I would re-locate to find a place where oldies and classic rock/op was still marketable .I wish all you "Oldtimers"success in finding a place where you can still fit in.I never thought at 45 ,I would fit this lable :lol:

Peace,
John in WV.

#887 by Guest
Sun May 28, 2006 3:46 pm
I am with you brother....58 and still rock the house, but finding players my age is a big nada.....around lansing Michigan. Old farts unite. :D
#938 by poprock
Wed May 31, 2006 11:13 am
Dear Lord,

These posts sound familiar. I, too, am faced with this dilemma. I'm in Savannah, GA and have been looking for folks with similar musical tastes/roots to play with. I write and record my own stuff and, like ya'll, have been influenced by the likes of Beatles, Kiss, Cheap Trick, Smithereens, Sinatra, Tull, you name it. NOW the rule (not exception) is if they're not into (c)rap...notice the C is silent....they are into what is termed "hardcore" or "thrash/metal" or "emo". I still don't know what the hell EMO is, but I'm sure I'll hate it. Now, I just turned 40, but I'm pretty in tune with what's out there due to basic curiousity and a younger wife. Foo Fighters, Guster, The Shore, Rooney....there are some GREAT bands, but few and far between (all the crap). You've just got to search. But the sad truth is, musicians of "classic rock" are surely becoming an anomaly, I guess. Well, keep plugging away and good luck to all!! Hey, you can't account for taste, can you?

Dave in Savannah
#940 by Guest
Wed May 31, 2006 2:25 pm
Hey Oldsters,
I'm sitting on an indian reservation in western New York and to my amazement right in the middle of classic rock territory.My classic rock band,EXIT 20,consists of me(Jon)-drummer,54 yrs old,Mark-lead guitar/vocals,53 yrs.old,Tim-bass/vocals,50 yrs.old and John(the baby)rhythm/vocals,mid-30's.Our band slogan is:We don't just play it,we lived it!We are sponsored by our local classic rock radio station which is also the only radio station so for now I'm in my element........check are website at www.exit20.altpro.net and see how us oldsters are holding up :lol:
#978 by dpharris
Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:28 pm
Browneyes wrote:Good God, Y'all !! I can't find anybody down here in south Georgia to play some good old music with. Where are all the Old Timers in Georgia?

Still pluggin along, mostly, I think. I'm from Augusta and hooking up with some guys in Waynesboro Saturday to start putting together some blues and R&B type stuff. Midway is practically Florida, isn't it? ;o)

There are quite a few oldtimers around this area still playing.

Don

#1167 by Browneyes
Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:11 pm
MIDWAY, GEORGIA IS ABOUT 24 MILES SOUTH OF SAVANNAH, GEORGIA. I'M STILL LOOKING FOR OLD TIMERS IN THE SAVANNAH AREA. ANY OLDIES OUT THERE IN THIS AREA EMAIL ME AT [email protected]
#1191 by boliver dragnut
Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:04 pm
well here in michigan- home of rock and roll- plenty of venues and folks
to jam with here - should try it some time - PEACE

#1239 by Mr. Lucky Bones
Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:32 pm
:P Well I know that you folks are not stuck in the middle of Kansas. :cry: I am. It is so bad small town living. Not to mention being 55. Young people do not even want to jam with you. I am looking for ways to link up with people across the world and share sounds with them any HELP. [email protected] :arrow:
#1240 by mhbuckelew
Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:50 pm
Im Not Old, Infact Im Only 21. However, Ive Been Playing For About Nine Years. Ive Learned Over The Years That The Older Players Out There Are The Best, I Used To Play At This Cafe And Lots Of Vintage Players Were Always Coming To Play. Those Guys Would Rock Out, And I Learned Everything I Know About Music From Those Guys. Iwant To Start A Band That Brings Back That Era Of Music. The 80's Pretty Much Killed Everyones Span On How Music Should Be. We Should Take It Back Afew Notches And Write New Music Like The 60's And 70's. That Is The Real Rock And Roll. Metal Is So...1980's. Any One In The East Virginia Area Who Wants To Jam Let Me Know, I Dont Give A Damn How Old You Are, Just As Long As You Can Put Some Feeling Into It.

#1241 by RhythmMan
Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:42 pm
You said it.
I don't care how old you are, either, as long as you've got some good music in you, and you're not a prima donna.
Last edited by RhythmMan on Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.