This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#1322 by RhythmMan
Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:18 pm
Hey, Just De,
This thread is more appropriate here.
You had said:
"You know it's almost creepy (LOL), that when I first started writing that song....I had visions of standing on the cliffs of Ireland....and How DID you know that Enya is my hero???? "
Yeah, De, I also had the visions of the cliffs.
And, I will admit that Enya is one heck of a phenomenal artist. She gets so much emotion into a song . . .
One of my all-time favorite songs is her 'Caribbean Blue.' After all these years, my eyes still water whenever I hear her sing that song. You have to admire someone who does that to you.
I hear she's shy . . . .
If you visited my profile and listened to my sound bites, you know that I play a different style.
But I know excellent music.
What emotions she puts into her songs. What emotions she draws out of my soul . . .
Just De, that song is a masterpiece. I would be proud to create a song that good.
I had a heck of a time transposing it to guitar, and then playing the entire song on just one instrument . . .
I finger pick it.
Do you sing 'Caribbean Blue?'
Try singing it through a Chorus. :)

#1357 by Just De
Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:33 pm
I really like that song...but, I am afraid I have not really tried to sing it!! Perhaps I should give it a try!!

#1358 by Just De
Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:35 pm
OOOOPS!!!! You said that already huh? :oops:

I will test it out .... That sounded better!!!

#1362 by RhythmMan
Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:11 pm
Hey, De,
Cool. :)
Good luck with it.
Be careful not to go overboard with the emotion - I don't know what it is she does, but whatever she does, it's real. It's not just a reproduction of sounds - it's from the heart . . .
I don't know - I'm not a singer - but I suspect that there's 20 ways to sing this song wrong, and only one way to sing it right.
If you can do it, and sound even 3/4 as good as her, that is a big accomplishment. She is a master at her style.
If you're interested in the guitar chords, I have them in a Wordperfect file, along with the words. I can transpose it to Microsoft word.
To get you started, here's the 1st 3 chords.
Play A on the 5th fret, then Dm on the 4th Fret, to B.
I have to warn you, the chord changes are fast, and it takes a lot of practice (and a fair bit of experience) to even play it at all.
Hey De, (can I call you 'De'?)
Stay tuned - I'll cut and paste the words into a post following this one. If you just listen to the song, you might have a hard time figuring out the words.
Alan
#1363 by RhythmMan
Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:15 pm
Here they are. I took them from the album booklet.
Caribbean Blue
Eurus . . .
Afer Ventus . . .
so the world goes round and round
with all you ever knew -
They say the sky high above
is Caribbean Blue . . .
. . . if every man says all he can,
if every man is true,
do I believe the sky above
is Caribbean Blue . . .
. . . Boreas . . .
. . . Zephryus . . .
. . . if all you told was turned to gold,
if all you dreamed were new,
imagine sky high above
in Caribbean Blue . . .
. . . Eurus . . .
. . . Afer Ventus . . .
. . . Boreas . . .
. . . Zephryus . . .
. . . Africus . . .
Good luck, my friend
Alan

#1391 by Just De
Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:53 am
HHHMMMM..........That sound extremely....deep. I would really like to try it though, thanks for the lyrics!!! And of course you can call me De.

#1392 by RhythmMan
Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:51 am
De,
Deep, huh?
Well, just how deep IS the caribbean? :lol:
Again, to me, it's more than the words, it's the yearning, melancholy emotion that she puts into it. I can see her singing it with a wistful, serious expression, - but if she noticed someone looking at her, she would smile.
Does that make sense to you?
Maybe she is comparing our daily lives to things you might see on a caribbean beach . . .
Some of the words I can guess at - I think it's mostly Latin.
I'm just guessing, mind you . . .
- Euros - Europe?
- Africus - Africa?
- Boreas - something to do with the Aura Borealis, maybe? Comparing our thoughts to the ethereal Aura Borealis would be kind of deep . . .

- Zephryus - I believe this is Wind. - Again, something you can not touch or hold on to.
if all you told was turned to gold, if all you dreamed were new,
imagine sky high above in Caribbean Blue . . .
- Again, a comparison. But you do have to think about it.
If 'all was golden' and new, it's just like a bright day on the Caribbean?
Or maybe take your own words (which you cannot hold in your hand), and turn them into something solid, and pretty (Gold).
- if all you dreamed were new - if your dreams came to life?
- imagine sky high above in Caribbean Blue. - basically "It would be wonderful."

I Don't know. I'm just guessing.
What do you think?
By the way - do you want the chords?
Just Alan