This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#32864 by Andragon
Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:46 pm
The Hunter wrote:Eventually, somebody's gonna yell out "FREEBIRD!!!!!!!!!!" :lol:

And that's when you start making fun of em :D

#32869 by The Hunter
Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:06 pm
How?

#32871 by Kramerguy
Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:17 pm
The Hunter wrote:How?

Play it, but play it so badly that it's barely recognizable. Imagine you are doing a Quiet-Riot version of it. That'll teach em to yell freebird at a show 8)

#32872 by The Hunter
Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:53 pm
Maybe they'll just not leave a tip...
DUH!

#32879 by Craig Maxim
Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:35 pm
The Hunter wrote:
Eventually, somebody's gonna yell out "FREEBIRD!!!!!!!!!!" :lol:

LMAO!

Yeah, like EVERY SINGLE F*CKING GIG.... if you are a Southern rock band!

LOL :-)

#32883 by Andragon
Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:54 pm
He took the words out of my mouth. Quiet Riot hahaha.. definitely.
Play 20 seconds of a shitty version and yell out "Would you like fries with that?"
95% of the time it works.. as long as the crowd doesn't hate you :lol:

#32900 by ezen
Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:37 am
The Hunter wrote:It's hard to get away with playing only what you want.
Eventually, somebody's gonna yell out "FREEBIRD!!!!!!!!!!" :lol:

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!
...YUP...True That!
B)

#32915 by philbymon
Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:45 pm
When ppl yell for "Freebird" I play the Rev Billy Wurtz' version of "Stairway to Freebird." I get a lot of requests for "Freebird," but my audience never actually expects to hear it.

I use that whenever I get one of those irritating lil cusses asking for stuff I obviously don't do between every song.

Or else I play my own "Morons" & dedicate it to him or her if they've really tripped my trigger. Then the whole room laughs at them & they usually leave me alone after that.

#32917 by jw123
Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:42 pm
Our old singer would say heres your free bird and flip the crowd off.

Actually, recently we kind of did a harder rock version of FreeBird. The crowd ate it up so Im afraid we may have to play it all the time now. We are a one guitar band so it gives me a lot of space to cover. I guess Im at a point in life where Im over worrying what the title to a song is, I just play music and try to put my own twist to it. Ussually someone seems to like what I do.

For me I just want to conquer any audience we get in front of and be asked back. Thats all that really matters to me. I guess Im Easy.

#32920 by gbheil
Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:04 pm
We even had someone yell "Freebird" at us at a party. We just kinda looked at each other funny and went into our next song.
Noise Pollution.

#33018 by gtZip
Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:37 am
Ah, I think it's just one of those things that people think they are supposed
to yell to try and be wise-guys.
It's either "Free Bird!" or "SLAYER!".
It freaks em out when they think you're a classic rock type band and you
actually bust out some slayer (that sounds right), when they yell it.

Generally just ignore it, but sometimes it's fun to mess with the yeller(s).

#33043 by jw123
Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:43 pm
I hate to admit it but after a couple of beers at some of my buddies gigs I yell FreeBird myself sometimes.

I think I'll start yelling Slayer! Some of the guys I know probably know some Slayer so I might have to listen to it. Yuck

#33052 by Andragon
Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:43 pm
I wouldn't mind someone yelling Slayer for a change, dammit.

#33076 by BobDawg509
Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:13 pm
People(especially CROWDS of people) are sheep. If your good...You control them. You lead them to were you want to lead them. They cant help themselves...there followers. :twisted: