This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#1305 by RhythmMan
Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:42 pm
I just sat down in front of my computer and recorded the first 60 seconds of my newest song, "Frolicking Fingers," which is now in the copyright process.
It is a finger picking song, and it's different.
- I would like to hear YOUR reaction to it. -

I had a bass-line Jazz-melody of mine going through my head for several days, and I came to realize that, in my mind, I was hearing harmonies, instead of just a Bass-Pattern.
I decided to put it into chords, and play it on Guitar.
I've been been playing a lot, lately and pieces of my finger tips are coming off. Add to that a humid day & my fingers sticking to the strings, and it equals one thing. PAIN. :)
But. I like the song.
Give a listen - it's only a 60 second recording.
Here's the shortcut:
http://bandmix.com/profile75490.html
If this shortcut doesn't work, Click profile, (below) to navigate to it.
Choose the song "Frolicking Fingers."
Enjoy. Alan, aka Samick1

ps. Can anybody tell me what style to call it?
After hearing it please click "post reply," and tell me how much you liked it or hated it.
Thanks.
Alan
Last edited by RhythmMan on Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

#1474 by Guest
Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:22 pm
Hi Smaick 1 Just listened to your songs....nice work...liked Frolicking fingers keep up the good work.

#1583 by RhythmMan
Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:41 am
Jonny,
Glad you liked it.
I have another finger picking song ("Jaunty Boy") that is similar, but more jazzy.
It starts kind of abstruse, and then about 1/2 way through, it pulls together with a neat downwards progession.
I would post it - BUT -
I use "Windows Recorder." So, I am presently limited to 60 second recordings, and I need almost 2 minutes to go through it just once . . .

I'll eventually buy "Acid pro" from Sony, but it's a 2 hour round trip drive to buy it. Besides - no hurry.

But - I WILL be posting more music in the future. :)

Thanks for listening.
I see lots of visits to this post. Anybody else have any opinions about this music?
Alan

#1597 by Guest
Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:56 pm
Acid pro is good for your needs, I have it and use it. i will look forward to hearing more "stuff" take care..JR

#1601 by RhythmMan
Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:29 pm
Jonny,
You haven't head the last from me. 1 new song, today. Simple blues.
But - too simple to post - don't wan't to bore people. :)
Alan
#1758 by Irminsul
Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:41 am
Samick you need to convert those WAVs to mp3s and upload one so that the BandMix player will automatically play them for the user. WAV's are the pro audio final on a CD but they are usually large, and some users are on dial-up.....they won't want to hang around for the download.

Lots of programs do good conversions, I use CoolEdit but there are freebies you can probably find on www.tucows.com

#1765 by RhythmMan
Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:26 pm
Hey, Irminsul,
I guess you haven't yet read any of the posts on recording. Look for the one on 'recording w/the mic input on my computer.'
I'm saving up $80 to get Acid Pro. Besides allowing more than 60 seconds, and MPG3 format, it'll allow me to record multi tracks, and effects.
Has anyone else listened to any of these 3 waves?
If so, please give me some sort of response. It may guide me one way or the other with my song-writng.
Thanks,
Alan

#1810 by songwriterfromsouthf
Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:29 am
Hi Alan...
I'm going to listen your music tomorrow, as someone is sleeping in this room right now. Just a tip though, there are a lot of forums just for critiquing lyrics and/or music, and you can get lots of opinions there, from other musicians.

Some I know of are:
Usenet - rec.music.makers.songwriting
musesmuse.com

I haven't used them in a while, but do a search on google you'll probably find a bunch.

Erica

#1813 by RhythmMan
Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:31 am
Thanks,Erica.
Yeah - someone sleeping in this room, too. I couldn't sleep, & got up early (4:30am, local time).
Anyway, yeah, I'll check out these sites.
Alan