This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#29061 by night_singer_guitarist
Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:12 am
I have downlaoded and used wave pad, and I feel that I really could be doing slot more with it, but I don't know the first thing about recording. It was easy to use the simple presets to adjust for backround noise on somethings, but how do I sync up two ttracks so that I can record my voice twice (once, and again with the harmony?) And if anyone has ever used this program before, how can you remove vocals from a track? If you have a recording that was two seperate tracks, can they be removed later? I guess I'd like to know too, if there are any good (and free) beat or drum software out there that I could try? Is there a manual on recording for dummies haha :oops: cause, I could sure use it! :wink:

#29073 by Shredd6
Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:54 am
I've never used it, but it sounds like you did pretty good in the song titled wavepad rocks. Your vocal is really good in that.

I use a $150 Alesis multimix. It came with Cubase (24-tracks). I'm not familiar with wavepad though.

#29077 by RyanStrain3032
Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:20 am
I personally use Adobe Audition (Used to be Cool Edit Pro 2.0). The program is great, though it can cost several hundred dollars; usually between $300 and $400. It has any feature you can imagine. My music WOULD sound great with it, but I have such a cheap microphone that it ruins everything.

#29186 by The KIDD
Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:21 am
Hey Gang,

At a glance, Wave Pad looks like an editor mainly...Its not a multi-track program..What ya need is "Garage Band,"Audacity"or other free multi track software...A few of the boys on here are using them..Hey guys, whats one the easier ones to use???..Yeah , you'll be able to move your tracks around, remove them,mute, solo etc. use EQ, FX etc. .Yeah , Ryan, Im using Cool Edit also..Your gonna laugh, after using this thing for 3-4 months now, I just now found out TONITE that Ive been savin my MP3s to a crappy bit rate on a non pro setting...I didnt know MP3 PRO was editable :lol: Man , what a difference...Heres a site that helped me out alot...http://www.tweakheadz.com/guide.htm

John

#29189 by philbymon
Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:45 am
A friend of mine has & uses Garage Band, but can't seem to change chords w/it...it does ok for jam-sounding stuff, I guess, but after playing with it a bit I got a little bored.

I messed w/cakewalk a bit, but it's kinda expensive, isn't it? I dunno...the one I played with was probably pirated...LOL...those damned hippies I use to play with weren't exactly what I'd call "responsible adults" by any stretch of the imagination!
#30102 by night_singer_guitarist
Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:28 am
Thank you all for responding, I will look into all of these things, I am supposed to be getting that...uh, Stimulus payment from Mr. Bush...haha I know there's a dirty joke in there somewhere!! Lol, I wonder if there are any musicians here that aren't going to blow at least some of their money on music-y stuff :) :P

#30103 by Irminsul
Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:47 am
I'm sending my war bribe...er....STIMULUS check in to the Obama campaign.

#30104 by The KIDD
Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:57 am
Hey PhillY,

Responsible adult? Who is a "musician"?...Cant happen. :? ....Yet to see it... :lol: The closest one I ever met that even came close to resemble what WE would call a "responsible adult"was an American Airlines pilot who flew 767s'...NOW, this cat dove onto a table with beer ,potato chips and other food and smashed it flat and then pissed all over everthing...
The next morning we hear "Thank you ladies and gentleman for flying AM. if I wake up in time, we should be landing in Stockholm in 12 hrs".. :lol:

Hey Night singer, get to readin tweaks pages and a whole new world is gonna open up to ya. Dont forget that MP3s can be sampled and various bitrates and sampling rates when ya go take your tracks that will be WAV files down to compressed MP3 formatt...

John