This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#3346 by Auburn Diva
Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:10 pm
If you choose to go that route when you have access to better it's sad. However, those may be the limits of his resources. Let's not knock him for making an effort. I've used my share of duck tape & wire coat hangers; I'm sure we all have.

#3349 by Chemical Residue
Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:36 pm
He doesn't need a mic to do it w/.... he could just take the 1/4 down to 1/8 jack and plug directly to his mic input...For a little better recording.

#3351 by Hink
Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:35 pm
Auburn Diva wrote:If you choose to go that route when you have access to better it's sad. However, those may be the limits of his resources. Let's not knock him for making an effort. I've used my share of duck tape & wire coat hangers; I'm sure we all have.

if you're talking about using a radio shack mic I agree, if you're talking about him using pirated software I totally disagree. I know myself that I could not possibly be proud of any song made by any gear or software I did not obtain honorably. Perhaps much of that is being older and it took me a long time to reach the capabilities I have now with my studio, and all (having all my gear stolen in the 80s and rebuilding didn't help). I truly appreciate everything I have because for many years I had not, and using what ever I needed (like 2 cheap mics, a stereo cassette tape and two speakers. But then imho that's what fuels a strong passion and I do take pride in my honor and my music.

We won't even get into how many different protection schemes for software that I have to deal with because of people who (sadly) balk at honor. :wink: