This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#14641 by fisherman bob
Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:25 am
I've never seen a ghost but I know a few very sane people who have seen one. One of these people is very religious and saw the ghost in church, it looked like a man dressed in clothing from the early 1800's. Apparently it walked right through a door. Another was an insurance salesman who was visiting a very old house. The owners said the house was haunted. The insurance salesman laughed and said he didn't believe in ghosts. While they were sitting at the kitchen table a small flower vase flew off a window sill and smashed into a wall over ten feet away. There was no wind and he swore absolutely nobody touched the vase. The owners said that kind of stuff happened all the time! Anyway, too many people who didn't believe in ghosts have seen them. I think there's something to it. Happy Halloween. Later...

#14646 by Craig Maxim
Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:30 am
Greeniemagic wrote:A friend posted this on another site but I think it's quite apt for this thread :D

"The Rules Of Halloween"

21. Do not go looking for witches in the countryside at midnight

RULE #22 - Don't spend the night here....

#14658 by Lady Rocker
Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:31 pm
:lol: Yur so funny Craig!!

It is a Halloween classic though!! :D

#14678 by Irminsul
Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:18 pm
Interesting historical note: Oct.31 - Nov.2 was a time period that the ancient Celts believed the veil between the worlds of the Living and the Dead was at its thinnest. So thin that the Dead could cross it and manifest at will. The time coincides also with the Last Harvest, the third of three that began on August 1. Basically you got all the food in that you could get for the winter or you might not survive. So you could see why death was on their minds.

Also, those cute jack-o-lanterns you see on peoples porches and as kids candy gathering buckets? The Celts started that one too, but they weren't made out of a squash plant; they were human heads, usually those of a conquered enemy. They placed fire inside them and put them on posts outside of their dwellings as a warning to others.

*shiver*

#14691 by Craig Maxim
Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:14 am
Lady Rocker wrote::lol: Yur so funny Craig!!

It is a Halloween classic though!! :D

:-) Hitchcock was a genius!

Glad you got a kick out of that.

#14715 by Lady Rocker
Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:22 pm
Yeah -- I just watched a whole slew of his films on AMC -- they did a Hitchcock theme for a few days because of Halloween...

I watched Psycho, The Birds and a few others!!

Ewwwww Irminsul!! I knew about alot of the stuff you mentioned but, not about the human head thing!! :shock: -- Bet ya that had to smell bad :?

#14744 by Irminsul
Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:35 pm
Lady Rocker wrote:Ewwwww Irminsul!! I knew about alot of the stuff you mentioned but, not about the human head thing!! :shock: -- Bet ya that had to smell bad :?

That wasn't the only thing that made the poor Celts smell bad - remember they often painted themselves in a blue dye made from a mix of the woad plant and human urine.

#14786 by Lady Rocker
Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:16 pm
and ewwwwwwwww AGAIN!! Peeeeeeeeee -U !!! :lol:

How is it that you've come to know so much about the Celts Irminsul?

#14815 by Irminsul
Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:00 pm
Lady Rocker wrote:and ewwwwwwwww AGAIN!! Peeeeeeeeee -U !!! :lol:

How is it that you've come to know so much about the Celts Irminsul?

Family history ;)

#14872 by Lady Rocker
Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:56 pm
It may seem strange to say -- but , I don't know much about the Celts - Yet - I have some Irish in me!! :D

I read a really great book once -- It had alot to do with Druids and such and I found it very interesting!!

It didn't say anything in it that I recall about the stuff you mentioned though!
anyway -- very interesting stuff Irminsul!! :wink:

#14882 by Irminsul
Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:03 pm
Well to be more explicit, I came about my knowledge of them not just from my ancestry (Scots, Welsh, Dane) but because of being involved in the Celtic music community as a harper, and also religiously.

When I started hanging with celtic musicians, I got exposed to the language (Gaelic) and soon begin learning it because its the one used for so many songs and stories. Language led to history. Like they say, you cannot truly learn a language devoid of the culture attached to it.

#14890 by Gorfalamu
Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:19 am
I just posted my Halloween song for the year--Boogieman Ball, a little tale about taking shortcuts through the wrong places.
Cheers,
Gorf
www.bandmix.com/gorfalamu

#14894 by jw123
Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:22 am
Gorf,

Great song, dude killer harp work.

Thanks for sharing.

Happy Halloween

JW

#14906 by Lady Rocker
Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Irminsul wrote:Well to be more explicit, I came about my knowledge of them not just from my ancestry (Scots, Welsh, Dane) but because of being involved in the Celtic music community as a harper, and also religiously.

When I started hanging with celtic musicians, I got exposed to the language (Gaelic) and soon begin learning it because its the one used for so many songs and stories. Language led to history. Like they say, you cannot truly learn a language devoid of the culture attached to it.

I think that you are probably the most interesting person that I've ever met! :wink:

#14974 by Jebruno
Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:14 pm
so can anyone tell me how to contact other people on this site without forking out the dought they keep buggin me for ?

Is it toomuch to ask to simply do something on the internet and not payfor it?