This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#811 by Guest
Sat May 20, 2006 8:06 pm
I'm afraid I'll never gig it or live it.. but I love to write lyrics and create riffs.

Sometimes I just wish my creations would go somewhere, maybe for someone else.

I'll be inevitably married with kids and a steady career, and most likely numbed with unfulfillment.

If not by me, I'd give my music for someone else's venting, only so it would at least be heard..

#2132 by Guest
Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:46 pm
Sorry dude. I took so long to reply cuz I was debating whether or not to give up my stuff (let's just assume hypothetically that it was very worthy content).

I'm no longer on a ball and chain, my circumstances have changed... Instead of a wedding, I'm now putting fat chunks of my money into a Mesa Boogie rectifier stack, high-end Apple PowerBook, Logic Pro 7, some good mics, custom guitar, monitoring equipment, etc.. Kinda sad eh? Screw this, I have better things to do than get married and settle down at 25... like stay single, get laid and jam out.

Time to feed the monster.

#2155 by Bluesguitargrl
Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:06 pm
Vertigo, I am wondering why you feel that mariage and kids = no music? I have a 3yr old child and a boyfriend of 4 1/2 years (might as well be married) And I still manage to play and write a lot of music. If you're gonna play, the people you surround yourself will have to know that it's important to you. Beacuse if there's one thing I've learned in my life it's this.... if I'm not playing, I'm not being true to myself, and there's no greater "sin" than that.
As far as playing your own music or writing it for someone else, that's your call. If you can play it well, sing it well, abnd do the songs justice then play them. But if on the other hand, (as I have seen sometimes) you are a good or great songwriter, but you can't sing, or play them well enough to do the song justice, then letting soneone else play the song who will, is wise. Just keep practicing in the meantime so that when you're ready you can do them for yourself. After all if your music is good, you want it to sound it's best, however that happens, ego aside. :lol:

.... just my 2 cents..... :wink:

#2191 by Guest
Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:59 am
She knew very much how much this means to me. But she wants me to be a dedicated husband/father figure (which I cAn do) and, this is crucial, doesn't want me spending too much effort on making music. That's that. I love her to death but she holds me down and I let myself be held down by her because she's awesome.. but this has been important to me since way before I met her and it's been killing me to just let it go. I told her I don't care about touring or any of the hype, but that I just simply want to make really good transcendental music. She's always regarded it as a threat against stability, a threat against 'the religeon', a threat against our bond. NOw I miss her, but I'm gonna get my gear and I'm gONNA jam the &*#^$ out. I can't wait to get out of the military (joined originally just to finance my gear). I originally posted my message intending to at least somehow let my creations get somewhere without me. We ultimately split up because her strict Christian values were treading heavily on my spirtuality. (Sorry for the life story, forum bystanders). Now, sorry for taking up space, but I need to find some intelligent young bandmates somewhere in the West/Northwest... willing to relocate next year. I'm okay with being underestimated...

"There is no truth... but the desire for ultimate truth."

#2192 by Auburn Diva
Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:09 am
The people who claim to care about you should know that taking music away is akin to killing a part of your soul. Why not just hack off a leg while you're at it? If a person loves me, he must realize that music is a part of me that cannot be squelched. If he doesn't get that, then he doesn't really love me; he loves what he wants me to be. If that doesn't include music, then it's not me. Here are your parting gifts, thanks for playin', SEEYA! Be genuine to yourself & the RIGHT person will understand & love you all the more for it.

#2194 by Guest
Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:17 am
Thank you. Nuff said.

#2196 by Bluesguitargrl
Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:54 am
I'm glad to see that you are playing and not squelching. I have done both in the past, and playing is WAY better. I'll never squelch again. :lol:

#2207 by Irminsul
Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:42 pm
Amen. I was actually lucky enough to marry my Muse...this woman has coaxed more unbridled creativity than I've ever produced in my life before her. She knows who I am, and that happiness lies in helping me do what I must do.

And for that, I love her more than life itself.

#2310 by Guest
Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:21 am
sounds like a good idea for some kinda rock ballad to ro ck or not to rock that is question just imagine how that riff could cry to be free but crashing into the oblivion of metal thunder

#2324 by Guest
Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:17 pm
Heh... workin on it. Got a good chorus goin, lyrics enigmatic.

#2741 by chachaangelina
Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:32 pm
Musicians, I believe, need to associate with other creative souls in order to be understood and affirmed. A friend of mine once said, "There's only two kinds of people in the world--artists and accountants." Although he was "joking," there is truth to that statement. I feel most understood and appreciated when I am associating with other artists--musicians, dancers, authors, songwriters, poets, photographers, and artists (but especially musicians).

Anyone out there looking to become a video editor using Adobe Premiere Pro? Anyone looking to join a band for touring kids' concerts? Contact:
[email protected] I am based out of Gainesville, Florida.