This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#295169 by brucechamoff
Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:03 pm
Happy holidays. I read on various blog posts that in order to have related artists show up on your Spotify artist page, people need to add your music to their personal playlists. I assume that Spotify needs this to build the algorithm to know which artists your music is actually related to.

I think that Spotify showing no artists on your Related Artists section is embarrassing for new and existing artists. Spotify should allow you to select several artists from a specific genre and allow the artist to at least show SOME artists. A blank Related Artists tab is just humiliating.

I just joined the Bandmix forum a week ago and could not find any topics on this subject even after searching, so I am not sure if this topic has already been discussed, so please forgive me for asking again.

Are some of you also experiencing this frustration?
    If you have artists showing on the R.A. tab, how did you do it?
    Is there a way we can all help each other?

Maybe some of us can start our own Spotify playlists and add each other's music?
#295181 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:47 pm
"Maybe some of us can start our own Spotify playlists and add each other's music?"

If the music styles are not similar, it defeats the purpose.

You're unlikely to see any current threads here on anything relevant, this forum has been dead for a long time.
#295183 by schmedidiah
Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:20 am
GuitarMikeB wrote:"Maybe some of us can start our own Spotify playlists and add each other's music?"

If the music styles are not similar, it defeats the purpose.

You're unlikely to see any current threads here on anything relevant, this forum has been dead for a long time.

yeah, shame on you for posting a musician question on a musician's forum! :lol:
#295184 by DainNobody
Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:09 pm
brucechamoff wrote:Happy holidays. I read on various blog posts that in order to have related artists show up on your Spotify artist page, people need to add your music to their personal playlists. I assume that Spotify needs this to build the algorithm to know which artists your music is actually related to.

I think that Spotify showing no artists on your Related Artists section is embarrassing for new and existing artists. Spotify should allow you to select several artists from a specific genre and allow the artist to at least show SOME artists. A blank Related Artists tab is just humiliating.

I just joined the Bandmix forum a week ago and could not find any topics on this subject even after searching, so I am not sure if this topic has already been discussed, so please forgive me for asking again.

Are some of you also experiencing this frustration?
    If you have artists showing on the R.A. tab, how did you do it?
    Is there a way we can all help each other?

Maybe some of us can start our own Spotify playlists and add each other's music?

You ask "how do they get on R.A. tab..it is because they pay $ to listeners to boost their numbers...in an effort to get their best tune steamrolling..think yod said it before..getting songs played on Spotify is fruitless..live stage performances is the only way to make real $ in today's music marketplace..