This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#294809 by schmedidiah
Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:02 pm
Simpan28 wrote:Hello

Do I have a horrible voice? I recorded this from my computer. Im trying to learn pitch.

https://soundcloud.com/user-770358924/save-me

this one was better than the Bruce Dickinson ones you posted. not flawless but you set the bar lower for yourself and came closer to your goal. i'm guessing this is a Queen song (not familiar with their non hits). if you're trying to learn pitch, you should start with singing the word "ah" to every note in every major and minor scale. then sing "oh" to every one of them. put in the work from the ground up. I didn't start learning how to play guitar in 1989 by immediately trying to learn every Metallica or Iron Maiden guitar solo, and churning out bad recordings of myself doing so. the karaoke stuff isn't going to help you achieve your goals. seek real vocal coaching or at least find it on youtube if nothing else.

i'll give you credit for switching from Bruce to Freddie, since you were having so many problems hitting the high notes before. now keep working at it.
#294812 by Planetguy
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:25 pm
"I didn't start learning how to play guitar in 1989 by immediately trying to learn every Metallica or Iron Maiden guitar solo, and churning out bad recordings of myself doing so." -Schmed

Ahhhhh, and now....ever too late, i see clearly where, and when my career went in the crapper.

(nice and helpful advice above there, Schmed)
#295128 by schmedidiah
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:09 pm
Simpan28 wrote:Because i think i have a good voice and cant find any flaws with it.

I tried seeing youtube videos but i didnt learn one thing. I just sing.

Just listen to this.

https://old.vocaroo.com/i/s1hXIiB2H7o1