This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#294716 by Badstrat
Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:13 pm
Where are all those music posts? The trolls always complained about people on the non music forum not making any music posts in this section of BandMix. . It should be obvious to all that the phony's only complained because they were trolls, not musicians. They weren't interested in music at all. When no one posted on the non music section, they quit posting in this section. Perhaps this will inspire the trolls to return.
#294718 by schmedidiah
Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:24 pm
Perhaps the trolls will return? If you look around a little, you'll see that Haley, Yod, Gleen and Vamps have been away the longest... along with you of course. What about you? Any new music that sounds like it came out in the 1950s? Got any argument ending biblical quotes for me? :lol: :roll:
#294719 by Mordgeld
Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:05 pm
I was thinking about doing some basic music educational videos about scales/modes and linking up here in case anyone was still left to be interested in that music discussion. I've been a bit busy planning to move soon so we'll see.
#294728 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:21 am
Considering the forum is no longer linked on the main Bandmix page, you are surprised about the lack of posts? :roll:
#294751 by Vinnski Violinski
Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:33 pm
Who's complaining? :D

Scales ... always a nice topic for musical conversations!
Here is the latest from modern scientific research ...
"Researchers at the Institute for Logic, Language and Computation (ILLC) of the University of Amsterdam have discovered a universal property of musical scales. Until now it was assumed that the only thing scales throughout the world have in common is the octave.

The many hundreds of scales, however, seem to possess a deeper commonality: if their tones are compared in a two- or three-dimensional way by means of a coordinate system, they form convex or star-convex structures. "

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 102008.htm
#294752 by Mordgeld
Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:29 pm
There is a link on my account page. It is just down at the bottom. It does seem to be a fair conclusion that Bandmix is trying to kill the forum since they removed the link from the top.
#294753 by Planetguy
Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:46 pm
Not sure exactly who you are referring to as "trolls".

But if it's mike b, schmed, mord, and myself...you should know that we were long continuing to post music related conversation after everybody else headed for greener pastures. That includes both starting and reponding to music threads.

That doesn't meet MY definition of "trolling", but it would be easy enough to read your post above referring to this group of musicians as "phony's not interested in discussing music" as exactly that....trolling. As the song goes, "Before you accuse me, take a look at yourself".

Glad to see you still walk the planet, Badstrat. I haven't checked in here for a little while myself due to lack of activity. But rest assured that when I do check in, IF there's any music discussion.....i'm in. Same as it ever was.
#294762 by schmedidiah
Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:56 pm
Badstrat wrote:Where are all those music posts? The trolls always complained about people on the non music forum not making any music posts in this section of BandMix. . It should be obvious to all that the phony's only complained because they were trolls, not musicians.

you mean post about music like how you, Gleen, Haley and Vamps all said my music sucks, because I dared to speak my mind on your dear leader? :lol:
#294763 by Mordgeld
Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:26 pm
Music sucking is very subjective. Seems to me, no matter how ridiculous a band I've seen on shows, there is somebody out there that likes it. I have learned that when the woman says "put on whatever", she doesn't mean old school noisecore.
#294764 by schmedidiah
Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:42 pm
Mordgeld wrote:Music sucking is very subjective. Seems to me, no matter how ridiculous a band I've seen on shows, there is somebody out there that likes it. I have learned that when the woman says "put on whatever", she doesn't mean old school noisecore.

I agree completely. if I suck in someone's opinion, I suck. the point is when they said my music sucked.... after we'd reached a disagreement on Trump. hmmmm :idea: :?: :wink:
#294765 by Mordgeld
Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:24 pm
Yeah, they never liked it. They just stopped being nice about it, I think.

I always try to look at music from the standpoint of what the author is attempting to accomplish or convey and did they hit the mark. The more progressive or eclectic the music is, the harder it is to get that measure if one does not get the vibe. It is always the hardest to be the vanguard of a style. No one appreciates it until everyone does, and by that time, it is no longer unique. I know there has been a few times I've heard a cover and then when I went back a listened to a recording of the original band, I think, oh damn, they were rocking that way all the way back then when no one had that sound. Slade(1973)/Quiet Riot(1983) comes to mind.
#294766 by schmedidiah
Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:06 am
Mordgeld wrote:Yeah, they never liked it. They just stopped being nice about it, I think.

I always try to look at music from the standpoint of what the author is attempting to accomplish or convey and did they hit the mark. The more progressive or eclectic the music is, the harder it is to get that measure if one does not get the vibe. It is always the hardest to be the vanguard of a style. No one appreciates it until everyone does, and by that time, it is no longer unique. I know there has been a few times I've heard a cover and then when I went back a listened to a recording of the original band, I think, oh damn, they were rocking that way all the way back then when no one had that sound. Slade(1973)/Quiet Riot(1983) comes to mind.

true. but I caught Haley with a quote on my thread of my own music where he listened to it (according to him) and he said it was "interesting". that's not the most positive review ever, but it's sure not "you suck, I tried to listen and I had to shut it off or else i'd get sick". similar thing with Vamp. never treated me inferior until the disagreements came and after a while of ridiculing my music, he admitted he'd never listened to it (asked me if i'd ever had any luck finding a keyboard player here in AZ). I put him on the spot about the inconsistency and he said he'd always known my music sucked and didn't need to actually hear it to confirm the fact. that's two "non-trolls " as Sadstrat sees it. guys who actually contribute to this forum by being crabby old assholes (and allegedly great musicians) who post regurgitated info from their favorite political sites. that's how you run a musician's forum in the opinion of this old jackass who just called us out.
and don't even get me started on Jesus boy. he invited me to play on his music. why? ask yourself that. :lol:
#294769 by Mordgeld
Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:17 pm
It is worth noting that Badstrat seems to be successfully trolling the music section with his post. I can certainly contribute if he posts something actually about music.

"Interesting" is generally used in the context of "that sucks". Being a literal minded person, I mean that I really am interested when I say it, but I try not to word it that way due to the current connotation. I think it makes some people feel better to put down other people's musical effort. I've experienced that. The truth is that a wide range of musical talent on display, whether live or on a forum, is indicative of a healthy musical community. It is a shame when that community is broken and driven away. Tomorrow's artists are the ones that are down to struggle today even though not so many people appreciate their work. Other musicians can be a help sometimes for technical issues, but fans are the positive feedback for the subjective part of it.
#294770 by schmedidiah
Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:49 pm
Mordgeld wrote:It is worth noting that Badstrat seems to be successfully trolling the music section with his post. I can certainly contribute if he posts something actually about music.


search his posts from years past. he used to write songs about trannies in bathrooms and onions ruining sandwiches. so great. glad he shared them here. can't disagree with the other stuff there. the thing about Haley is that all of this was under the pretext of coming from a guy in a cover band. seen his videos he was so proud of. playing Just What I Needed almost 5% as well as The Cars for 6 people in a bar in Houston on a Tuesday night is something i'm very jealous of, sir. :mrgreen:
#294775 by Mordgeld
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:13 am
I'm gonna go do some covers tomorrow. No Cars though. Judging by the last time, it should be however many people fit in a coffee shop. As a metal guitarist, I am condemned, lately, to playing a lot of acoustic, lol. I do slip in acoustic renditions of Judas Priest, Scorpions, and UFO.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests