This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#18136 by Guitaranatomy
Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:49 am
Irminsul wrote:
Guitaranatomy wrote:
I see. Well, I notice there tends to be a lot of unkind people that appear every now and then here.

Peace out, GuitarAnatomy.


True. Usually because there is something really missing inside themselves. That's why they go on the attack.


Ain't that the typical. They always go on the assault when they are insecure about themselves.


Wegman, you are right, but I would not know which of the categories to throw it under. That is up to Thomas1.

#18234 by band looking 4 singer
Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:06 am
Irminsul wrote:Thank you for your comments. As to the "music" you posted - does Clutch know that you are trying to ape their sound, just without success?

I'm looking forward to you actually posting some music sometime.


who the fudge is "Clutch"?

#18249 by band looking 4 singer
Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:32 am
Irminsul wrote:They usually call the thing under peoples' skin a "parasite".


par·a·site [párrə st]
(plural par·a·sites)
n
1. organism living on another: a plant or animal that lives on or in another, usually larger, host organism in a way that harms or is of no advantage to the host
2. scrounger: somebody who exploits others without doing anything in return

sounds nice. I think you need one.

#18255 by Crip2Nite
Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:45 am
Seriously, which Mc D's do you work at? I'm right up the road from Bohemia... D'ya think ya can get me that employees discount? I used to work at the Carvel Store in Bohemia and sometimes I would give my buds a discount... Lemme know....seriously.... I could definitely go for a Big Mac and a nice thick vanilla shake! mmmmmmmmmmm.... :D

#18257 by Irminsul
Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:48 am
Crip2Nite wrote:Seriously, which Mc D's do you work at? I'm right up the road from Bohemia... D'ya think ya can get me that employees discount? I used to work at the Carvel Store in Bohemia and sometimes I would give my buds a discount... Lemme know....seriously.... I could definitely go for a Big Mac and a nice thick vanilla shake! mmmmmmmmmmm.... :D


LOL! I hope he gives you faster service than he did me. I'm still sitting at the drive through window and he's on the internet in his manager's office.

#18258 by Crip2Nite
Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:59 am
I have a feeling this guy is one of these gentlemen

#18261 by Guitaranatomy
Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:24 am
Hey, I like that hate club seal you got there, Irminsul. Lmao.

Hey, "Band looking 4 singer," shut the Hell up. I am a nice guy, but I am so sick of people like you. This forum is not for this sh*t, stop cursing out Irminsul.

Be a nice guy for once in your life, huh? It would be helpful. You want band members? Quiet the heck down and be nice and you will get them. By the way, work on your grammar. It really is crap. Between that and your cursing it shows you are an ignorant bast*rd.

#18266 by Irminsul
Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:26 am
Guitaranomy you exhibit a good decade more maturity than this guy does, thank you.

You know its weird, every few months or so I get these people who come out of the wordwork and just attack like a rabid a badger. I have never been able to figure out what I must have done to them to elicit such a hate coming from them. It's the stuff that psychologists could study for awhile, I think.

I just figured they finally needed their own organization, so I helped out by doing up their official seal.

#18268 by Guitaranatomy
Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:33 am
Irminsul wrote:Guitaranomy you exhibit a good decade more maturity than this guy does, thank you.

You know its weird, every few months or so I get these people who come out of the wordwork and just attack like a rabid a badger. I have never been able to figure out what I must have done to them to elicit such a hate coming from them. It's the stuff that psychologists could study for awhile, I think.

I just figured they finally needed their own organization, so I helped out by doing up their official seal.


No problem, man. It is nice to act mature, as opposed to like a "rabid badger," lmao.

I guess you are right, psychologist could study this for a bloody decade. Still they would never figure it out. Good job with the official seal, God knows with people so insane these days we need that, lol.

Peace out, GuitarAnatomy.

#18273 by Crip2Nite
Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:26 am
The problem is that a lot of musicians don't have the knowledge or skills to be able to appreciate all types of music. I've studied classical and jazz for many years and believe it or not, Im able to incorporate this knowledge in whatever genre I play. If you take some of my guitar leads and turn off the overdrive, you will hear some pretty good jazz modes and arpeggios in there. I notice a lot of metal-heads will never be able to appreciate anything else but their own style which, in turn, limits their musical capabilities and also completely stunts their musical growth hence this particular gentleman voicing his hatred toward Irminsul because he just doesn't "get it"!

#18276 by Guitaranatomy
Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:15 pm
Crip2Nite wrote:The problem is that a lot of musicians don't have the knowledge or skills to be able to appreciate all types of music. I've studied classical and jazz for many years and believe it or not, Im able to incorporate this knowledge in whatever genre I play. If you take some of my guitar leads and turn off the overdrive, you will hear some pretty good jazz modes and arpeggios in there. I notice a lot of metal-heads will never be able to appreciate anything else but their own style which, in turn, limits their musical capabilities and also completely stunts their musical growth hence this particular gentleman voicing his hatred toward Irminsul because he just doesn't "get it"!



You are right, Crip2Nite. If you are not able to appreciate other types of music then you can really mess things up. I listen to many types of music, it helps diversify my playing style and allows me to keep an open perspective so to speak. Irminsul has some cool sounding stuff, I really like it. This guy is in some other bloody world and feels the need to curse at people.

Peace out, GuitarAnatomy.

#18284 by Paleopete
Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:04 pm
The golden rule according to most of the world's religions is treat other people as you would want them to treat you.

That pretty much covers it. If you don't have anything decent to say, don't say anything at all.

#18294 by Guitaranatomy
Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:20 pm
Paleopete wrote:The golden rule according to most of the world's religions is treat other people as you would want them to treat you.

That pretty much covers it. If you don't have anything decent to say, don't say anything at all.


I completely agree.

#18314 by Irminsul
Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:56 pm
Crip2Nite wrote:The problem is that a lot of musicians don't have the knowledge or skills to be able to appreciate all types of music. I've studied classical and jazz for many years and believe it or not, Im able to incorporate this knowledge in whatever genre I play. If you take some of my guitar leads and turn off the overdrive, you will hear some pretty good jazz modes and arpeggios in there. I notice a lot of metal-heads will never be able to appreciate anything else but their own style which, in turn, limits their musical capabilities and also completely stunts their musical growth hence this particular gentleman voicing his hatred toward Irminsul because he just doesn't "get it"!


Yeah, that strikes me funny on alot of levels - not the least of which, I used to play metal.

But your main point is solid. You can almost always take a string of vitriolic hate comments coming from someone toward another's music, and follow it back to sad lack of education and experience in anything but what they are doing.

The good part is, usually some age takes care of that.
#20237 by http://bandmix.ca/Thomas1
Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:36 am
Great news,

We ended up with 162 people who started a relationship with another musician because they met on our Dating site.

Another couple,,, Jim and Irene were marries last week.


Thank you members for joining, and stay tuned for some news from your area.

The One Man Band

Thomas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests