This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#20261 by Irminsul
Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:35 pm
Congratulations, Thomas....and congrats to those who found each other via your site.
#20263 by Craig Maxim
Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:43 pm
http://bandmix.ca/Thomas1 wrote:

We ended up with 162 people who started a relationship with another musician because they met on our Dating site.

omg... there really was a dating site. Did he post the url in another thread or something? I couldn't ever find it in that one.

Damn I hate being wrong about sh*t! LOL

#20272 by Irminsul
Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:50 pm
At least you're honorable enough to admit it, Craig. Good on you.

#20279 by Guitaranatomy
Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:57 am
True, honesty is the best policy. Also, I did not see the link either, lol. I did not even know there was a music dating site. *Shrug*

At any rate, I am happy to hear good news is coming from it, Thomas.

Peace out, GuitarAnatomy.

#20291 by villagecreep
Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:28 am
Considering all the dorks that replied to this funny little ad, I'd say it was a total success. Good job Tom, you got some attention, hope you find that perfect polka companion! (no, i'm not interested) hehehe

#20294 by Craig Maxim
Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:19 am
Thanks Irmy, and yes G/A... honesty is the best policy, even when the truth is painful.... :lol:

#20302 by Guitaranatomy
Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:30 pm
Lmao! That is a good little comic piece there Craig Maxim. Yes, honesty is the best policy even when the truth hurts.

#20334 by Irminsul
Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:29 pm
Unreal isn't it. Some folks just aren't happy unless everyone else is miserable.

Sigh.
#20387 by http://bandmix.ca/Thomas1
Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:18 am
Well gentlemen ( I use the term lightly )

I put up with your continual harrassment, knowing thay you both didn't know a f**k what you were going on about.

I think you are probably two nerdy creeps who came to my sight in the first place to get lucky.
Instead you both decided to tear my idea apart.
Now i am asking you both to leave this site before I report you for harrassment.

The One Man Band
From Canada
eh ?
#20388 by http://bandmix.ca/Thomas1
Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:22 am
Girl you need to change your name.
You sure ain't no creep to me.
You was the first lady to respond, and i appreciate it.
Guess i sure showed those creeps.
keep singing mama.
Thomas

#20402 by jw123
Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:48 pm
Help, I was rejected by e-harmony!!!!!!

#20439 by PhrAiLGuitarist
Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:58 pm
Wow... I'm completely lost. LOL! I read the opening post in which I gathered what this thread was about and what not but then it went through that 'mage guy making himself look like a complete waste of oxygen to me skipping to the last page of this thread and essentially looking like one big question mark right now. lol. All I can say from what I've gathered is that it's scary what sticking a keyboard and a computer monitor in front of some people can produce. Sometimes, I wonder about the social skills of some of these people; you know, like would these people ACTUALLY SAY some of these things in-person? Oh well. Perhaps the online meanderings/shenanigans of some people attributes to the overall well being of their sanity when away from the computer, so... perhaps someone, somewhere is unknowingly thanking the members of the forums some people frequent for not having to put up with things they might otherwise have to if not for their current outlet. lol.

#20456 by Irminsul
Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:30 pm
PhrAiLGuitarist wrote:...Sometimes, I wonder about the social skills of some of these people; you know, like would these people ACTUALLY SAY some of these things in-person? .

Oh HELL no they wouldn't. That's why I like Jason Lee's line in "Jay and Silent bob Strike Back" -

"Listen, the internet is all about slandering people anonymously."

In many instances, the keyboard and monitor is the only thing that stands in the way of someone suddenly losing several of their teeth.

#20463 by PhrAiLGuitarist
Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:12 pm
Irminsul wrote:
PhrAiLGuitarist wrote:...Sometimes, I wonder about the social skills of some of these people; you know, like would these people ACTUALLY SAY some of these things in-person? .

Oh HELL no they wouldn't. That's why I like Jason Lee's line in "Jay and Silent bob Strike Back" -

"Listen, the internet is all about slandering people anonymously."

In many instances, the keyboard and monitor is the only thing that stands in the way of someone suddenly losing several of their teeth.

hahahaha. Certainly agreed! :lol:

#20479 by Guitaranatomy
Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:47 am
I could not agree more guys, the internet is a nice place to hide, lmao. These assholes will call you anything and act all big and tough online, but get them in person and they hide under their seats. I have put up with many of nut cases online in my days of using the internet, knowing full well in person they would run and hide behind their mothers, lol.