This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#294604 by agnes1367474
Wed May 15, 2019 9:30 pm
I've been learning major/minor scales, minor/major pentatonic and blues minor and major scales recently along with intervals.

I just had a mind blown moment calculating a G major blue scales based off of the G pentatonic scale where i simply have to insert a flattened 5th between the 3rd and 4th note of the scale to make the blues note.

Then I chose a box pattern, since I'm a beginner, to practice the scale and its the one I am most familiar with for pentatonics(E caged shape). After a while I was like, isn't this the exact same notes for the E minor blues scales??

So then, I went to the wiki to find out what this is called
https://gyazo.com/ffad3fc011773ff038d2566e612d5eb0

So the question I have now is, is the cherry/bright sound specifically made when one starts on the root/tonic note of the major scale and NOT(excluding where the first note actually happens to be the root) the first note in a box pattern?

Tldr;
Guy discovers relative keys before researching it directly. You can check the facebook live as an effective marketing strategy .