This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#293473 by Ancient Vegan
Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:17 pm
You know when I was a working musician drinking and drugs were my biggest problems.

Who knows a massage might have helped.

I don't know, after I think about it I had a problem with women too.

So no massage parlor for me.
#293476 by Planetguy
Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:14 pm
i'm not in any way homphobic. I have gay friends. I've played music w many great gay and bi musicians. The last band i played w before moving from NYC, i was the only straight guy in the band.

but getting a massage from a guy, nah.....it just doesn't work for me. and there's no way in the world...this one, or any other... that my wife would ever sit for me getting a massage from a female.

I did play a gig a cpl yrs back, a private party for some small company of maybe 50 employees. it was duo w a buddy of mine who is also named Mark.

anyway, they have this very attractive woman they've hired to give massages to the guests, in her massage chair. well, i'm watching her across the room. and i notice she's watching me play quite a bit.

We take a break and my buddy Mark beats me over to her station across the room. MOFO was practically running and trampling people on his way to get there before me to ask for a massage. Curses, foiled again!

So, i go with my runner up/second choice....i head over to the line at the bar. after a short wait, i get up to the bar, I'm ready to place my drink order, and i get tapped on my shoulder. I turn and it's massage lady.... "Hi, would you like a massage?"

Well, i can get that drink LATER! we walk back to her station and i'm getting this great massage from this lovely lady. We're chatting and she's telling me I'm carrying a lot of tension in my lower back....next thing i know she's worked her way down and is working my glutes. I wish there was a camera cos i would love to have seen the look on my face! Anyway it was time for us to get back to playing I thanked her, told her I'd like her to come to ALL my gigs, we exchanged another pleasantry or two, and i then made it back to the "stage" across the room.

I asked my buddy, "Hey, Mark how'd you like getting that massage?"

"Well, It was good.... but not as good as the one YOU got!"
#293479 by MikeTalbot
Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:19 pm
You lucked out! I worked for an IT company where the boss was brilliant, and somewhat deranged. He decided we needed massages to reach maximum efficiency. Some of the guys were shy but I wasn't! Bring it on!

Merry Christmas
Talbot
#293509 by TransformsIntoAGuitar
Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:55 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:You know when I was a working musician drinking and drugs were my biggest problems.
Who knows a massage might have helped.
I don't know, after I think about it I had a problem with women too.
So no massage parlor for me.

Ha Ha! Nice one.
...it's good to see people taking my work seriously :-p
#293510 by TransformsIntoAGuitar
Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:58 pm
Planetguy wrote:but getting a massage from a guy, nah....

I'm straight but when I need a massage I go to a man. The guy I used to see turned out to be gay (I didn't care) and when he retired I carried on with the man he'd trained up. We get on really well so we always have a nice chat while he pummels my back.
#293511 by schmedidiah
Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:12 pm
I work hard labor. chiropractor or GTFO! :lol: