This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#293072 by Ancient Vegan
Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:26 pm
I liked it pg, surprised your big old fingers could pick out a lick on that mandolin.

Was it kinda like themed around the blocks. I don't hang out in bars anymore but
when I did, it seems like someone would have had to knock them over
several times.

As much as I love loud music, I think loud music is out

Your video shows live music with people still able to talk
#293075 by Planetguy
Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:59 pm
Thanks for checking it out and the positive words. i'll let the fat fingers remark pass for now, cos i like you. :wink:

funny thing about the blocks. it's a game that's become popular called Jenga. we were on break when they started playing it. we came back and they'd gone really high w the blocks which is i guess a big deal, and now they had the attention of most of the folks in the bar.

they were a cool enough group of people playing it, and it wasn't a moment about us. so, we got back up, put our instruments on, Sarah on fiddle and me on my big ass GUILD archtop. not wanting to intrude on the game and everyone's attention to it...the next time someone took their turn to make their next move, i hit a real tense and suspenseful diminished chord. sarah jumped right on. this cracked them and everyone in the place up! and then w every turn that was taken we moved up the diminished chord in half steps. it was really funny and everyone was cracking up. snagged us a bunch of money in the tip jar too.

sarah's husband was filming the game as "B stock" (stuff to later insert into a video ). i'd love to hear and see the actual real time video of the game w those rising dim chords behind it. it was a hoot. after we ran out of dim chords...we then started playing "Pop Goes The Weasel" and did the same bit...w each turn, brought it up another half step.

who says you can't have good clean fun anymore?
#293199 by Cajundaddy
Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:35 pm
That's the way you do it! Just make it fun and folks will be attracted to the show. Attracting an audience is 90% about having fun and connecting with others, and 10% about awesome virtuoso players. It took me a long time to figure that out.
#293200 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:55 am
Good, although I'd suggest more 'panning' from band to audience/bar, rather than the slick edits. The sound of the jenga blocks crashing to the table would have been good at the end!
#293208 by Planetguy
Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:11 pm
Thanks for checking it out and weighing in, Mike.

For what we're using it for....it's just what we need (already got bookings at two new places w it).

Sarah's husband was in video production a while back and part of having him come out to shoot us is letting him have some fun being creative. Sarah and I are happy to give him that.

He wanted (and guess still wants) to do some editing and "creating" w the Tiny Practice Room Concerts but they just need to be straight ahead, "low budget", raw footage as I see it.