This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#293089 by DainNobody
Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:59 pm
@PG..you do solo gigs..what songs do you sing or are they instrumentals?..that is one thing Im focusing on out of necessity if I do just give up on everybody except myself..and thats singing and will take a lot of work although I do tend to sing in key..hope Guitar Mike is still doing it..living in Boston should be easier than Halfway Mo. At least there are people nearby..
#293095 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:18 pm
Your wrong about Jeff, PD, we talk music and guitars every week.
And we talk about how were not into bands with people who
constantly start/talk sh*t. Sound familiar?

Well the Branson stories true, not that I couldn't play it the same
way every nite, more I didn't want to, but I think they fired me for
showing up drunk and whailing on that bass. I've played in many,
many bands before and after my Branson experience.

See I played in bands, PD, I didn't talk about playing in bands, as you do.

You know critizing my skills or my bandmates skills says more about your
skills then they do anything else. Insecure in your abilities?

Solo might be your niche PD. 8)
#293098 by DainNobody
Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:30 pm
Besides being two faced you are also the biggest liar on the planet..Ive listened to you degrade Jeff Stockton for hours..everything from claiming hes gay to talking sh*t about getting over on him at your swap meet..how he flits around from band to band cause of his personality..name one band you have been in that ever made a dime and I will name several I have been in that made 200.00 a night and up..this will be fun listening to this liar.. :D
#293102 by DainNobody
Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:40 pm
Lynyrd the only thing you are good for is stimulating my bowel in the morning as in right now allowing me to take healthy shits in the morning..thanks for that :lol:
#293103 by Planetguy
Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:46 pm
and we now take a brief pause from BM's latest shit-slinging.

Daynyrd Dylann wrote:@PG..you do solo gigs..what songs do you sing or are they instrumentals?

all instrumental. they pay me NOT to sing! :lol:
#293104 by DainNobody
Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:52 pm
Lynyrd was whailing on the bass..so stupid ..its wailing stupid ..not whailing..your next lie might involve whaling for Moby Dick so Ill shut up and listen
#293111 by DainNobody
Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:16 pm
He is at feed store and texting to me acoustics are great! Buddy is scouting places..our plan might be working..he has lost his fear of fines fees etc. Many businesses in Bolivar,Mo. Would be fools not to allow us to attract business to their doors..stipulation is we need tip jar set out..we supply you with curious potential customers that have been drawn in by our guitar playing prowess..I am being as honest with you as I can.. :lol:
#293112 by DainNobody
Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:20 pm
He texted me early this morning.."you up fer a jam"?..busy today myself..but it appears I am convincing him of losing fear of stepping on peoples toes and getting arrested for playing guitars without a city license..who says the cops have to enforce stupid laws? :P
#293113 by DainNobody
Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:22 pm
You all can play for food but I would rather busk and impress that millionaire handing out a 500.00$ tip :roll:
#293119 by schmedidiah
Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:59 pm
This fued makes me miss Not Ready Memphis. :roll:

Meanwhile Dane..... It's been 10 days since you told me I could download that song to work on. Do you really move from one shiny object in the parking lot or what?! :lol:
#293120 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:30 am
Daynyrd Dylann wrote:Planetguy..I was referencing Guitar Mikes advice about what venues like these days..they according to Guitar Mike..or at least the way I understood him was to have a youtube video with plenty of patrons showing up in the video..I presume he meant that the videographer needs to pan across the room showing good or great attendance..in your case you are established enough that the venue owners already know your band packs them in and thus just a video of you two playing is sufficient..this is all speculation since I am not quite sure what is needed in the video per Guitar Mike..

No, I was replying to YOUR comment that videos could be faked. As others have said, bars are booking bands based on online 'auditions. They look at the band's facebook page (how many 'likes', comments,etc. They look at videos posted there - in 1 spot, not searching out youtube or soundcloud or any other place. Here's what Trilogy had in our short 6 month run: https://www.facebook.com/TrilogyBandNewEngland/
#293121 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:31 am
Daynyrd Dylann wrote:You all can play for food but I would rather busk and impress that millionaire handing out a 500.00$ tip :roll:

You get a lot of millionaires doing that in Halfway (to nowhere) MO?
#293122 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:34 am
Daynyrd Dylann wrote:@PG..you do solo gigs..what songs do you sing or are they instrumentals?..that is one thing Im focusing on out of necessity if I do just give up on everybody except myself..and thats singing and will take a lot of work although I do tend to sing in key..hope Guitar Mike is still doing it..living in Boston should be easier than Halfway Mo. At least there are people nearby..

I've got one 'songwriters in the round' gig coming up in a couple of weeks, but no solo gigs booked. They are too much work for me (I work a regular job, you know), with promoting, rehearsing, and all the other details necessary. Back to looking for a duo partner or band, but lot of flakes out there (not as many as Missouri, evidently). Running an open mic every other week, so that pulls in more bucks (to me) than I was getting gigging with the trio.
#293124 by Planetguy
Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:47 am
And exactly who are you referring to when you say "you all can play for food"????

Do you actually KNOW anyone who does that? cos I certainly don't know anyone who does.

I do know that I have four gigs this wkend that all pay $100 or more per player.... We get free drinks at all of them and three serve food AND feed us.

So, I'd say if you don't have the skill set to get paid ( playing chops AND booking and marketing chops ) then busk all you want if you can't score a gig where they feed you and pay you.

But if you're gonna go into bars and restaurants asking no more than them allowing you to put out a tip jar, than you're nothing more than a scab taking what SHOULD be a PAYING gig away from working musicians.
#293131 by DainNobody
Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:25 pm
God fellas relax..I just couldnt resist..the devil made me do it..for old times sake..Happy Thanksgiving fellas :D