This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#293039 by DainNobody
Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:32 pm
Dane Allen: vocals electric guitars bass guitar
Jim Dooley: percussion
composer Chuck Berry
https://soundcloud.com/dayne-nobody-iv/johnny-b-goode
:D :mrgreen:
#293042 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:19 am
Is it a drum loop? No variation in it.
Did you record the vocals in a separate take, it needs some reverb, it sounds like its recorded in a different place.
#293043 by DainNobody
Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:37 am
Not really a loop Guitar Mike but close..something downloaded from youtube for free.. 5 tracks..drums then rhythm guitar then bass then vocal then topped off with some guitar harmonies and leads etc.
Used Ableton Live Lite 9.0 with Toneport Line 6 UX -2 interface ASIO soundcard..with Gearbox for different guitar and bass settings for tones.the gearbox forces you to switch modes when using microphone..I used direct input Instrument port for instruments and Microphone mode when using the Audio Technica mic Ive had since plaing in Broken Toy 1981 in FWB Fla.
#293046 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:01 pm
When mixing tracks, it can help blend things together by using the same reverb/room sound on all tracks. Your method (with drums from one source, and DI instruments) can result in a disconnect in that it sounds like everything was recorded at different times/places. Not sure if Ableton Lite even has a reverb plug-in available, but it should.
#293047 by DainNobody
Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:20 pm
Thanks Guitar Mike..gonna burn a CD when I get a few more cover tunes recorded and use it to hopefully convince some venue who will pay decently to book my "band"..little dishonest but if I can get a 500.00 gig using it as demo then will be easier to find musicians if there is actually gigs booked.. 8)
#293048 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:00 pm
Daynyrd Dylann wrote:Thanks Guitar Mike..gonna burn a CD when I get a few more cover tunes recorded and use it to hopefully convince some venue who will pay decently to book my "band"..little dishonest but if I can get a 500.00 gig using it as demo then will be easier to find musicians if there is actually gigs booked.. 8)

venues in Missouri still use CDs to audition bands? YouTube/facebook videos is what they look at around here - they want to see if the places you are playing have any customers in them! They don't care if the music sucks!
#293049 by DainNobody
Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:13 pm
That could be faked easily couldnt it? Pan right pan left..lol...not that its closely related..but ebay never relies on videos or photos trying to resolve a dispute..unreliable and easily faked
#293055 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:28 pm
Daynyrd Dylann wrote:That could be faked easily couldnt it? Pan right pan left..lol...not that its closely related..but ebay never relies on videos or photos trying to resolve a dispute..unreliable and easily faked

You think videos can be faked while you put together a CD of tracks done by different people at different times to get a 'band' gig? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sure, a quick video can just show a few people 'near the front' where a band is playing - but at least it is SOME audience. A good audition video could include a 360 degree pan (you can do that with facebook photos now, too) and/or the sound of the audience applauding after a song.

The only time I had an ebay dispute, photos are exactly what I used to show the guitar was not as claimed. When the seller would not respond, ebay issued the shipping papers to me and credited my paypal as soon as it got shipped.
#293056 by DainNobody
Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:42 pm
So is that why yod got so angry with Planetguy?..he dissed Planetguys video he recently posted..he dissed it because the video did not show the attendance in the room? Is that why..Planetguy was playing mandolin and his partner was singing
#293059 by schmedidiah
Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:15 pm
Yod was upset about the whole thing with Haley and Lynyrd. told us we all suck at being humans. Ha ha! what a dirt bag! :lol:
#293060 by Planetguy
Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:11 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:venues in Missouri still use CDs to audition bands? YouTube/facebook videos is what they look at around here - they want to see if the places you are playing have any customers in them! They don't care if the music sucks!

nah.... Dane and I are in different parts of MO, but here in Mid-MO I haven't handed out cds to perspective venues in yrs!

It's all been youtube videos of my bands on stage (w zero shots of the crowd), or even videos of us in my backyard (booked almost all the Spincasters rockabilly gigs off of three of those vids), or living room/front porch video ( SARAH & MARK gigs).

Nobody around here messes with cds anymore....you might as well be handing them a cassette tape!
#293061 by Planetguy
Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:30 pm
Daynyrd Dylann wrote:So is that why yod got so angry with Planetguy?..he dissed Planetguys video he recently posted..he dissed it because the video did not show the attendance in the room? Is that why..Planetguy was playing mandolin and his partner was singing

"attendance in the room"???? that would have been Sarah, myself, and my wife shooting the video in our living room and front porch.

In what i thought was a pretty non aggressive way, I chided him when he weighed in on the video after he proclaimed he only watched the video w the sound off (WTF???).... but that didn't stop him from pontificating, and trying to hold court like a blowhard to school yet another BM amateur and wanna-be.

My reluctance to fall to my knees and kiss his ring wasn't taken well, and things escalated from there. What can I say....my knees aren't what they used to be when i was a younger lad. 8)
#293064 by Ancient Vegan
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:48 pm
I'll accept the blame for Yod also, but c'mon PG said he wouldn't kiss his ring.

I haven't played in a working band in a couple of years here in SWMO.
But 10 years ago it seemed like everything was done on the computer,
that is all auditioning, and sometimes correspondence with the bars.

Wow who'd have thought to cover Johnny B Goode? :lol:
#293066 by DainNobody
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:59 pm
Planetguy..I was referencing Guitar Mikes advice about what venues like these days..they according to Guitar Mike..or at least the way I understood him was to have a youtube video with plenty of patrons showing up in the video..I presume he meant that the videographer needs to pan across the room showing good or great attendance..in your case you are established enough that the venue owners already know your band packs them in and thus just a video of you two playing is sufficient..this is all speculation since I am not quite sure what is needed in the video per Guitar Mike..