This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#292830 by Mordgeld
Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:46 pm
Simpan28 wrote:
schmedidiah wrote:Journey? really? they've burned through 2 dudes vocal chords so far, but have at it. (death wish, imo :roll: )

Yeah why not? It is karaoke night

I agree that Journey is a tough row to hoe but, karaoke...have at it, is good practice. My singer often does Journey at karaoke. Now, if you are getting boo'd at karaoke, you need to find another place to do that, lol.
#292832 by MikeTalbot
Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:26 am
If you don't take your dance moves seriously, don't expect a band to take 'em seriously. Or the audience. A singer is not always the band leader but on stage - you get your stuff wired tight and keep the whole thing moving.

Only the bass bass player is more important. 8)

Talbot
#292837 by GuitarMikeB
Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:07 am
Simpan28 wrote:Im warming up for tonight. Lol dont take my dance moves seriously.

https://www.smule.com/recording/journey ... 2586746096

You've got decent tone, but you have major pitch issues. I just came from hearing a cover band that did a journey song - it takes special vocal control to hit those notes correctly and consistently.

As already suggested, vocal lessons should be able to help you find the correct notes and stay in tune.
#293007 by kim1324894
Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:49 am
I think you sound very good at what you do, but I agree with Mordgeld, there would definitely be no harm in having a few sessions with a vocal coach to find out what you personally need to strengthen. I personally swear by a vocal exercise CD I have, I don't know the name of it, (Universal vocal method?) as a friend burned it for me, but they are exercises which improve range, intonation, and strengthen the diaphragm and breath capacity. It works! I use it driving in the car, and as a warm up before gigs. I bet if you search for one with some of those keywords, you can find one.
That is a pretty specific style which may not appeal to everyone, but the crowd you spoke of sounds like a bunch of horrendous people, I'm sorry that happened to you. Please don't give up! You have a lot of talent! Best of luck to you! ~Kim
#293409 by Damian Gaume
Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:49 am
Is this post for real?
You are out of tune throughout the whole song.
Have you tried changing the key?
Cheers.
#293601 by michael1331371
Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:59 pm
I am no expert by any means but I suggest taking vocal lessons. Your pitch is out of control.