This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#292781 by DainNobody
Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:03 pm
https://soundcloud.com/dayne-nobody-iv/ ... -the-walls

Dane Allen: composer electric guitars bass guitar
Jim Dooley: percussion

equity share and name recognition provided when you deliver value to this music.. such as lyrics vocals vocal melody .. :) etc.
#292795 by schmedidiah
Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:19 am
I had some ideas, but it's 7+ minutes long and the lead guitar never stops. :lol:
#292798 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:36 pm
Well, there you go^^^. Today's songs better be under 3 minutes 30 seconds long. Get to the singing within 29 seconds, get to the chorus within 50 seconds. Nobody has an attention span over a minute anymore, so you've got to grab them quick.
Not to say that you can't produce long Pink Floyd-ish songs (I've got one on my new CD), just that you're only going to get a small percentage of possible listeners if you do.
#292803 by Mordgeld
Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:24 pm
I agree with the attention span thing but I don't think it is relative to a specific time necessarily. I usually shoot for about 4 minutes. This is easier with harder metal where you can lean on the tempo and it is a good thing. My philosophy is to try to be finished playing the song before people are finished listening to it. Leave them wanting more. This turns out to be a different length for each song. I've also done songs with substantial lead guitar up front. I admit I got mixed feedback for that but most people seemed to like it a lot. It struck me as okay in the context of being with a group of songs that differed from that structure. It is also easy to do too much if you approach a song without a coherent idea of what the vocals will do. The finished version often sounds a little empty without vocals because you need to leave room for them.
#292817 by Jahva
Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:00 pm
it's a 7 minute tune with you soloing... where is a vocal suppose to come in? :lol:
Maybe upload a track without the lead...
#292818 by DainNobody
Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:16 pm
If theres a will there is a way..lol..consider short segments of vocal inserted here and there..I am no Bernie Taupin so I leave the task at hand to the resident lyricists here and then if I am needed further they can ring me up.. :lol:
#292824 by schmedidiah
Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:39 pm
enable downloading and i'll see what I can do.
#292833 by MikeTalbot
Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:29 am
Gmike

So we are back to 3min songs? Please...I heard that same crap from people in the '70s and '80s and so on. Queen, Iron Maiden et al showed that what people really want is less baloney from the suits and more great production from the bands.

Talbot
#292838 by GuitarMikeB
Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:11 am
Daynyrd Dylann wrote:https://soundcloud.com/dayne-nobody-iv/breaking-down-the-walls

Dane Allen: composer electric guitars bass guitar
Jim Dooley: percussion

equity share and name recognition provided when you deliver value to this music.. such as lyrics vocals vocal melody .. :) etc.

IF you're serious, retrack wth a rhythm guitar part during the verse and chorus parts. It'd be hard for anyone to be able to lay a vocal down otherwise. I couldn't tell where verse/chorus/verse/etc started/ended with the mix as it is.
#292841 by DainNobody
Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:55 am
Will do schmed...not giving you much to work with..dont get discouraged..it might not be salvageable..just dont beat yourself up if it does not feel right..
#292851 by Mordgeld
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:59 am
MikeTalbot wrote:Gmike

So we are back to 3min songs? Please...I heard that same crap from people in the '70s and '80s and so on. Queen, Iron Maiden et al showed that what people really want is less baloney from the suits and more great production from the bands.

Talbot

Uh, if the band ain't up to Queen, Iron Maiden, et al, it might not be a bad idea to encourage shorter songs.
#292852 by schmedidiah
Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:22 pm
*patiently awaiting that download, Dayne :?: :idea: :D :twisted: *

I have a song i'm working on right now that I want shorten and 7:40 is as low as i'll go! :mrgreen:
#292856 by Mordgeld
Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:08 pm
schmedidiah wrote:*patiently awaiting that download, Dayne :?: :idea: :D :twisted: *

I have a song i'm working on right now that I want shorten and 7:40 is as low as i'll go! :mrgreen:

Pffft, Shmed, I've had drums waiting for you in my share for months.

Dayne, hook me up with stems of your recording and tell me what kind of vocals you want.
#292857 by schmedidiah
Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:38 pm
Mordgeld wrote:
schmedidiah wrote:*patiently awaiting that download, Dayne :?: :idea: :D :twisted: *

Pffft, Shmed, I've had drums waiting for you in my share for months.

Dayne, hook me up with stems of your recording and tell me what kind of vocals you want.

it's all about what I feel I can do and when. i'm stuck with the baby or the boy most of the time i'm not working. I feel like I can half ass this Dayne thing, but I need to focus on your thing. still haven't jammed with my drummer in 6.5 months, ya feel me, bro? :lol: :D :) :wink: :o :| :? :( :cry: