This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#292185 by MikeTalbot
Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:52 pm
I'll 'fess up, I'm a huge Go Gos fan. Here is why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwWRD8PL7S0

I left Hollywood in '79 for my African adventure and my only regret is that I missed out on seeing them live. I'd certainly have asked Kathy Valentine (bass) out for a cup of coffee!

They are interesting to me because a) their songs are catchy and well performed, and b) because they are actually a female band, not just chicks with guitars acting like guys. I was surprised to find that Kathy V. had actually played with Girls School at one point - my other favorite female band.

So now you know...

Talbot
#292193 by Planetguy
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:52 am
Bravo, and mucho points to you Mr. Pierce for putting up a MUSIC thread in the midst of all the nastiness swirling around here.

I applaud the effort but I fear this place might just be a lost cause at this point. :(

BTW....I've always respected The Go-Go's and their ability to craft catchy pop tunes w substance and good hooks.
#292198 by schmedidiah
Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:49 am
Time for new glasses Mark
#292204 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:35 pm
Planetguy wrote:Bravo, and mucho points to you Mr. Pierce for putting up a MUSIC thread in the midst of all the nastiness swirling around here.

I applaud the effort but I fear this place might just be a lost cause at this point. :(

BTW....I've always respected The Go-Go's and their ability to craft catchy pop tunes w substance and good hooks.

What Schmed said - it wasn't Yoda who started this one.
#292206 by Planetguy
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:51 pm
"Glasses"?

"Yoda"?

What are you two on about? Talbot started a thread about about Go-Gos and I gave him an attaboy?

What am I missing?
#292211 by Jahva
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:23 pm
Planetguy wrote:"Glasses"?

"Yoda"?

What are you two on about? Talbot started a thread about about Go-Gos and I gave him an attaboy?

What am I missing?

Mr. Pierce is best I could figure... :)
#292212 by Planetguy
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:31 pm
Talbot = Michael Peirce

(sorry if i'm spilling the beans here, MT)
#292215 by schmedidiah
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:49 pm
my mistake. thought you were congratulating Mr Numero Uno Jesus Boy. :lol:
#292230 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:46 pm
Planetguy wrote:Talbot = Michael Peirce

(sorry if i'm spilling the beans here, MT)

No idea that Talbot wasn't his real last name. Thought you were referring to Ted Yoda Pierce. Sorry to Mike T that you have to share the same last name.
#292234 by Jahva
Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:42 pm
And I thought maybe... the name of a character in one of his books... :) 8)
#292235 by MikeTalbot
Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:50 pm
Jahva - actually I used my Talbot name in a book but had to get myself bumped off due to a curse. A friend had dreamed I'd get killed on the 400 Bridge so I sent my musical self to the fray to handle my death. 8)

The Talbot handle has been with me since the seventies. For some reason it really annoyed my ex that would use different names for different roles. Never could figure out why.

Talbot
#292237 by MikeTalbot
Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:51 pm
Mark - no problem with the real name. I'm not really a furtive sort of guy!

Talbot