This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#291981 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:51 pm
"Open Mic Mike" again.
Had 2 'try-out' events at a local bar (where my band Trilogy played a couple of times last year), and the owner loves it. They used to have a blues jam, but it was too loud for him and the rest of the bar patrons, so a low-volume acoustic event is just what he wanted.
We had 13 sign-ups last night, 9 the first night. It'll be every other week - he was willing to have it every week, but I think that would oversaturate it, and end up having less draw every week (from what I've seen at some other places).
So I'll keep my eyes/ears peeled for an acoustic band opportunity, but cut down on the solo shows (had one this past Sunday, and another this coming Sunday) because they just don't pay as well, even if they are just 'plug in and play'.

In the meantime, my 5th album its the interwebz on October 15 (already selling CD copies locally), and for future work, I'm going to concentrate on writing songs for possible TV/movie synching. Took an online 'challenge' and got some good info - things like writing with a 'universal theme'.