This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#291723 by LTheLipper
Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:07 pm
KEYBOARD PLAYER WANTED; Long Island, N.Y.

Desert Highway Band; A Tribute To The Eagles, is seeking a
Keyboard player beginning Jan. 1, 2019. Requirements for the
Chair include:
Availability for approx. 50 plus dates per year, including some regional travel

Ownership of proper gear and programming knowledge for proper keyboard instrumentation

Vocal ability for backing vocals

Willingness to be involved in some managerial aspects in the group

Full knowledge of entire Eagles catalogue and / or willingness to learn all necessary material

All interested applicants are asked to submit MP3 or MP4 recordings of 3 Eagles songs (or Eagles artist's solo material aka Henley, Walsh, etc) of your choice with proper programming examples and vocals (pick a vocal line within your comfort range as an example) to
HYPERLINK "mailto:[email protected]" [email protected]
Please include your name, a brief bio about yourself and a contact number. If chosen, we will get in touch with an additional audition date at that point. Thank you for your interest.
#291731 by schmedidiah
Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:12 pm
#IDemandToBePaidForHearingTheEagles

:mrgreen:
#291732 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:46 pm
schmedidiah wrote:#IDemandToBePaidForHearingTheEagles

:mrgreen:

Don't come to one of my cover gigs. Schemd, I know you don't gig, but one thing you find out when you do gig is that until you reach a certain "known" level, is you have to do songs the audience wants to hear. And most audience people (above the age of 40 anyway) like the Eagles' songs.
#291733 by schmedidiah
Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:38 pm
It's too bad hashtags don't work on this ancient site but load that sucker into Facebook. It's the funniest damn thing you ever read. And fine, play Eagles songs. I'm glad someone is enjoying them. I'll just stay home instead.
#291737 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:53 pm
schmedidiah wrote:I I'll just stay home instead.

But that's what you do anyway, isn't it?
#291740 by schmedidiah
Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:15 am
GuitarMikeB wrote:
schmedidiah wrote:I I'll just stay home instead.

But that's what you do anyway, isn't it?

hell yeah! :mrgreen:
#291744 by MikeTalbot
Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:04 pm
I've seen ads for Assembly Language programmers that required less of the applicant. I dig that they know exactly what they want but I wonder, is that the new standard for keyb players?

Talbot
#291753 by sigungq
Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:11 pm
I don't think one needs to be much of a keyboard player to pull off songs by the Eagles. Just sayin'. Now if it were an Emerson Lake and Palmer tribute, I can see that.
#291754 by schmedidiah
Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:17 pm
Eagles tribute? easy. just get 5 guitarists! :lol:
#291772 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:41 pm
sigungq wrote:I don't think one needs to be much of a keyboard player to pull off songs by the Eagles. Just sayin'. Now if it were an Emerson Lake and Palmer tribute, I can see that.

I would tend to agree with you. Looking at their website, though, I see they do a bunch of Don Henley solo stuff which requires more piano work, and they've got quite a few songs from the Long Road Out of Eden (last studio album), they also have some other band's songs listed - Allman Brothers, for example.
They're booked for a couple of show at Daryl's House (Daryl Hall) in March, they only book pro/semi-pro acts there.
Oh - they do have 3 guitars, too!